East Palestine: Biden's amazing success in environmental equity

Well, I guess they were labeled incorrectly, then. On purpose.

Trump?

1 Like

What do you want them to do?

1 Like

Have you checked which chemicals are on the list of what is deemed hazardous? It could also be that these weren’t on that list as well.

It’s a mental disease. lol

5 Likes

But hey, at least the government is saying the air there is safe to breathe. Just days after one of our biggest environmental disasters. It’s safe. That’s all we need to know. The government says so. Just like the government made us all mask up for two years because of a virus. The government said so. That’s all we need to know.

Now move along…

3 Likes

Please ignore the feds on site wearing hazmat suits.

5 Likes

8 Likes

I said the same thing, crickets in response.

3 Likes

And of course you have proof of this claim…

I was thinking the train company, but you may be right.

Just putting 2 and 2 together. they were labeled non-hazardous, and yet “Residents were ordered to evacuate when, due to the threat of a possible explosion, authorities chose to breach five tankers filled with vinyl chloride, sending hydrogen chloride and phosgene, a toxic gas, into the air.”

So I will go out on a limb and say they should have been labeled hazardous.

In order to know instead of guess you would need to look up if those substances are on the existing list.

https://www.ecfr.gov/current/title-49/subtitle-B/chapter-I/subchapter-C/part-172?toc=1

You can start there

So your position is they are not hazardous- regardless?

My position is it is currently unknown if they were on the list of materials that would have required the better brakes under the old regulation. In any case it is know the train wasn’t tagged with that level of hazard. SO the regulation had it still been in place wouldn’t have mattered.

Someone very knowledgeable above said they were not on the list.

BTW, this is why we need regulations.

We would need to find the list first to know for sure is all I am saying.

:rofl::+1:t4: Big Pharma should make a jab…

Are they on the list? I don’t think vinyl chloride is, I looked and couldn’t find it.

Oh they absolutely are, are they on the list?