E. Jean Carroll Defamation Suit Against Donald Trump

No, maybe DJT shows up for closing arguments but #45 testifying will no way happen here or anywhere else.

Where Biden was smart and Trump was not.:

“I do remember her telling me that Joe Biden had put her up against a wall and had put his hands up her skirt and had put his fingers inside her,” LaCasse said. Reade, as detailed in a previous NPR report, has accused Biden of pinning her against a wall in the hallway of a Capitol Hill building and penetrating her vagina with his fingers in the spring of 1993.

The Biden campaign denies the alleged incident, as do longtime Biden staffers whom Reade worked for at the time.

The Biden campaign did not specifically respond to the latest developments, but pointed NPR to its previous statement, which said that the alleged incident “absolutely did not happen.” Biden has not addressed the accusation himself.“

Carroll is suing Trump for defaming her…Biden did not make an unforced error like that.

Correct. That is why I was saying Biden was smart about it.
Knowing when to strategically keep silent is not a high point with Trump.
One was likely to ask his lawyer how to handle the situation.
One was likely to do the first thing that comes into his head because, after all, genius.

All #45 hinted was a mention of possibly attending the closing arguments in person… and remember this coming Wednesday night, the 10th, President Trump goes to New Hampshire for the town hall hosted by CNN…

Wasn’t Carroll tied into Epstein island much like the liberal billionaire who reportedly is paying her legal fees here?

You might be mistaking Trump for hanging out with Epstein and being on his airplane manifests.

Understandable mistake.

WW

4 Likes

No. I suspect the play will be to just let the whole thing vanish down the memory hole

No one has identified any connection between Ms. Carroll and Jeffrey Epstein.

That is one hilarious deposition by Trump.

He basically confirmed that he meant every word of the “Access Hollywood” tape about his prerogative to assault women.

The sad thing is that this is unlikely to sway the opinion of a single Trump supporter who, if he loses, will respond that it was biased New York jury, biased judge and so on. If he wins, it will be a glorious vindication. Heads I win; tails you lose. Trump’s supporters and opponents are so locked into their positions that nothing changes.

The risk in the trial rests solely with E. Jean Carroll. If she wins, her claim in vindicated at the cost of exposing a great deal of her personal life. If she loses, then she will widely seen as a liar and another generation of women will see a grim reminder of why it is frequently wise to not report a rape, lest the rapist’s attorneys put the victim on trial.

4 Likes

Seems to me the easiest way to avoid a “perjury trap” is not lying - assuming one is capable of such behavior.

3 Likes

Or keeping your lies consistent every time you are under oath.

1 Like

SCOTUS won’t be packed to 13 by Biden, that’s what also

1 Like

You have to look at the big picture.
To many drive-bys/attacks and too few solid proofs and facts.
Pretty soon it turns you the other way.
I now don’t believe anything …even when it looks close to being true.

pssst… if “they let you” its not assault.

1 Like

Weird to me that “I didn’t do it” decades after the fact can be considered a slander.

2 Likes

That’s my question, how did he defame her? Seems with the presumption of innocence it’s the other way around.

1 Like

Trump called Carroll crazy and a liar for claiming he assaulted her.

and she claimed he assaulted her… which is a worse defamation?

1 Like