Donald Trump says Russia isn't to blame for MH17 downing - CNNPolitics

I also noticed that the only story on Maria Butina (the alleged Russian spy who infiltrated the NRA and GOP) on the Fox News website today is about a particular reporter who screwed up part of the story. No mention of the GOP, the NRA, anyone she met with, or really any specifics at all. Must be a nothingburger.

None. This is all self preservation. Our commander in chief has been compromised.

2 Likes

Democrats showed us why being the leader of the free world is not always a good thing. Donald Trump has repeated assured us that our commitment with the world extends too far. We need to pull back and take care of America First. The rest of the world is strong, and they can take care of themselves for once. They’ve sucked at the tit of America exceptionalism for too long. It’s time for us to let Russia raise up in the world and takes it’s rightful place as a leader in Christianity, a leader in what strong leadership looks like, and a leader who takes care of business and rules with an iron fist. America is ready to be a vassal state once again!

Let’s look a little closer at that shall we?

Trump says we don’t and may never know for sure exactly who was responsible for firing the missile and neither of the investigations could say conclusively who fired it.

So where exactly is the problem with his statement?

There’s no doubt as to whether or not it was a Russian missile, hell shortly after the downing video was shown following it all the way back to the Russian base.

Who fired it? We don’t know and may never know for sure who it was.

The whole mess in the Ukraine is a Russian Spetznaz operation. You can’t tell the Russians from the Ukranians because they are all wearing the same uniforms if they are wearing any uniform at all.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/dutch-led-investigators-say-russian-military-missile-shot-down-flight-mh17-over-ukraine-in-2014/2018/05/24/1e2ff92e-5f3c-11e8-8c93-8cf33c21da8d_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.f0c186a16200

Yes, another party might possibly have snuck in to the Russian military unit and fired the missile, without the on-scene Russian military commander’s knowledge. Sure.

You ask “what’s the problem?” with Trump’s statement, regarding accuracy. That’s the wrong question. What I asked and ask again is: why is Trump helping publicly to advance Putin’s claims of clean hands? Why is he taking Putin’s side, and not that of our ally’s investigation to date. What U.S. national strategic interest is Trump serving with his statements?

No, I didn’t ask 'What’s the problem".

You could just admit you can’t answer these questions and move on but I doubt you will.

Your words disagree with you: “So where exactly is the problem with his [Trump’s] statement?” - Wild Rose

Speaking of not answering questions, I asked in the first post you replied to, What is the US national interest Trump is serving by publicly promoting Putin’s denials? In your replies, you haven’t answered that question. Why not?

It’s obvious it was a special forces team from Venezuela that hijacked a Russian missile launcher while the boys were enjoying refreshments and launched the missile that downed MH17 in order to frame Putin AND the US as part of a plot by Soros and the Tri-Lateral commission…

How did I do? Do I get my t-shirt?

No, my words certainly do not disagree with me as your quotes shows. I did not ask ‘what’s the problem’ in either of them nor in any other.

I addressed one specific point in your post and I’m still waiting for an answer.

Because “What’s the problem?” and “Where exactly is the problem?” are not exactly the same words, even though they obviously are the same question in content? Right - I forgot, you’re Captain Bull ■■■■ von NitPick. Thanks for the reminder.

Well, since I first asked a question in my post, and you didn’t answer it, and because my question is far more salient to the issue of Trump’s public advancement of Putin’s denial than are your nitpick questions about possible explanations other than the most likely answers {as arrived at by careful official investigation), I await your answer.

1 Like

When free people around the world have to parse the words of the leader of the free world to determine our position, we are screwed…

1 Like

who else could it possibly done it?

Captain Nit-Pick strikes again.

Trump even low key said it could have been the Ukrainian government.

Uniformed Russians.

Russian Insurgents.

Ukranians.

Really the Ukrainian stole a Russian anti-air missile defense system in Eastern Ukraine war zone and shoot down a Passenger jet?

so it was either Russian back insurgent or Russian military personal out of uniform.

thank for clarifying that.

U.S/German/English/Dutch intelligence said it was Russian insurgent who did it.

but Putin said it wasn’t them so I will trust him…