Does the Mueller report open with a lie?

The Mueller Report makes clear how much lying and withholding of information the Trump Administration engaged in regarding the Special Counsel’s investigation.

Instead of making stuff up, read the report.

3 Likes

Carter Page was no longer part of the Trump campaign when the FISA warrant was issued.

1 Like

I also wonder how people would have felt if it was known in 2016 that candidate Trump was secretly pursuing a real estate deal in Moscow that included using funding from a bank under US sanctions.

3 Likes

So. John Brennan is no longer director of the CIA but he will be going to prison nevertheless on the basis of an investigation that was started years after he left that job.

I have seen this answered on this Forum many times. Trump lying about issues such as this is of no matter since he was not under oath, as opposed to Bill Clinton denying his relationship with Monica Lewinsky under oath.

Thus lying becomes almost entirely acceptable except under the narrowest of circumstances. Not exactly a Judeo-Christian moral view, but to hold to such views one would have to care about continuity with the past, and continuity the past is something no Trumpian believes in. Conservatives used to believe in that but they have largely converted to Trumpianism.

4 Likes

Now do alternative facts, this is fun.

Using your logic, no Democrat was anywhere near it either. Fusion GPS hired him, not the Democrats.

I think it was the Bush camp that started the dossier but then dropped it.

Hillary picked it up and ran with it though.

I must say Rush is much more dependable than any of the left wing media.

This post could use some facts.

You have no idea what I believe or don’t believe.

The reporting of cnn, msnbc, the Times and Post are what needs some facts.

uh huh

Just the facts. Those guys are incapable of political truths concerning this president.

“Was the basis for the surveillance and multiyear investigation of the Trump campaign really opposition research from Democrats”

No

They needed to coverup the spying they were doing before the election.

No. He’s the same, just different words.

As it was… Libs talked so much about his business and their perceived conflicts that it would have been no different had voter known details. They would have still weighed Hillary in one hand and Trump in the other and decided that there was no greater evil this country could suffer than another Clinton president… especially that one who is the incarnation of Lucifer and a flim flam man and Jim Jones all rolled into one.

It was bad enough that Clinton conned these young women and many on this forum. Look at their faces as they realize they were conned. The rest of us were not so misled.

The left cannot refute what he says 99 percent of the time.

The same cannot be said of left wing media.Quite the opposite when it comes to their veracity.

Left wing media and right wing media do one thing: validate the listeners beliefs.

The Mueller investigation may actually pay for itself and then some. Who paid us back for the Starr investigation which was double the cost of Mueller’s?

People act like the President won with more than the thinnest of margins across three key States and that the information that the Clinton email investigation was reopened without bearing any fruit was public while the investigation into the Trump campaign was kept secret.

Not all of the information was known about Trump and I suspect that people who would be thinking that it was no big deal that a guy running for President was inking a deal with a foreign bank under US sanctions now would feel a little bit different back then.