Does the American Flag trigger the left?

I don’t think they should have taken the flag down. If a dumb person comes to set it on fire, catch them and fine/prosecute them.

Some do, not sure the percentage. Some are very patriotic others are wanting America to be basically the U.N.

He was a hypocrite. So were most of the founders.

Doesn’t mean we can’t internalize their principles and fix their mistakes.

He owned a person. Not just a hypocrite.

So did Washington and about 30% of the founders present at the Constitutional Convention.

Should we just tear it all down?

Is that the worst thing a man can do?

Its up there.

But is it the worst?

So complete societal separation? Basically just a common language.

Babel. Come on now.

Not Babel.

If the Republic was split into different pieces English would still be the common language of the North American continent.

Plenty of minority languages though. Especially Spanish in the Southwest.

It’s pretty bad. I don’t know what’s the worst.

I consider a child rapist to be worse than a slaver.

Sure. Not even a common language.

Thank you. We don’t wave the white flag because we are afraid we might end up in a fight. That is sooo un American.

Why not? It’s an opinion.

Can one own and slave and love that slave at the same time?

That’s still the story of babel. Spanish and it’s relation with English and all.

It is definitely up there and repulsive in today’s western societies but it’s like an appetizer for groups like ISIS, some of those videos they made of killing people I don’t even think people in Hollywood had made in horror movies. Straight up Saw meets the human centipede.

I dunno about that. At least by my 21st century value system.

It is true that some slave owners treated their slaves much better than other slave owners.

If I’m forced to choose between two slavers, one who works his slaves but doesn’t abuse them physically, and the other is a psychopath who beats his slaves mercilessly for the smallest infractions and cuts off the genitals of runaways, I know which one id pick.

I’m not asking you to choose. I’m asking him if owning a person is irredeemable.