Does Harris having a great-great-great grandfather being a slave owner raise any concerns?

Generally speaking and not specifically referring to the Harris lineage, not every such encounters were forced and unwanted. There’s possible rare occasions that there were through actual mutual agreement and matrimonal sincerity even if done under cloud of covertity because such relations were prohibited as societal norms.

Harris’ Jamaican born father made and maintains the claim.

Thats where all of this has come from - Donald Harris has claimed that they are descended from Hamilton Brown.

Look at the tweet referenced in the OP.

just read a long fact checky thing. they say it can’t be proven. have records before “christina” and after, but the only connection to her is the name brown. likely, but unproven.

My thoughts exactly, I mean what the hell?!? snoop

So tired of this dumb ■■■■ being perpetuated. Ignorance has proven to be the undisputed and undefeated champ with some of these people.

6 Likes

You must be a Democrat.
The only consistency in their behavior is changing their position and character as the wind blows.
Suddenly being a slave owner is kosher if it’s a Dem. VP choice. And they throw it to the voters with a straight face thinking that voters are too stupid to notice.
That’s the worst kind of insult to a group of people telling them to their face that they have no brain.

what What WHAT?

3 Likes

Wait, what?
Who was the slave owner? Kamala’s father?

1 Like

Classy stuff going on here Mods … Kameltoe… HA HA HA I get it.,… very powerful speak

4 Likes

Nah… not everyone was Sally Hemmings.

For being descendants of a rapist? :rofl:

Please run with this :rofl:

2 Likes

So this is what we’re doing now referring her as female genitalia?

2 Likes

Yeah… call her names.

Please make this the prime GOP strategy.

2 Likes

Her ancestors owned slaves in Jamaica. I’ll bet a lot of people at that time did.

It isn’t relevant to the times of today. She is no more responsible for her ancestors than anyone is.

However, if she wants to jump in on the reparation bandwagon she needs to be the first one to lead by example and pony up her own money, not the taxpayers who by and large have never had anything to do with slavery.

Not eveyone is Jamaican

The original inhabitants of Jamaica are believed to be the Arawaks, also called Tainos. They came from South America

Well that certainly changes everything.

Biden:

‘If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black’.

So did this guy’s ancestor.

Gosh, no. She wants you © to pay them.

Descendent of slave owners.
Isn’t there a moan-'n-goan push for descendents of slave owners to pay reparations to black folks? Coming mainly from the Left.
Even in the curent protests BLM is marching in Seatle the other day demanding white people give up their homes.
Or is your question another example of ostrich/sand scenario where the bird sticks it’s head in the sand when convenient.