Does anyone believe things would be going worse if Trump had been reelected?

Guys welding pipe don’t care about retiring?
The first five welding jobs I reviewed all had 401k matching as a highlighted benefit. Are you saying skilled tradespeople are too stupid to save for retirement? That’s silly.

And I love the term “crap fictions.” I know I typed some big words and used numbers, so that’s probably hard for some to understand. I do apologize and will try to write on a more understandable level like “MORE MONEY GOODER” and “LOTS OF JOBS YAY!!!”

3 Likes

My closest friend ‘swings a hammer’. For a $100 an hour. He thinks quite a bit about the concerns you dismiss as as somehow not blue collar.

My 20 year old is making $70k a year, and one of the reasons he took this new position is that the 401k matching and profit sharing is even better than it was running heavy equipment. Ruined my, hey, bub, maybe college now? argument forever.

1 Like
1 Like

There we go…as always libs love spending big in their first president years so they can blame the debt on previous pres.

Good job…never fails.

1 Like

The 2021 budget was Trump’s last budget, that is simply the fact of the matter. It started in October of 2020, months before Biden took office.

We get it…libs love to spend money and blame last pres. You guys did that to Bush too.

3 Likes

Well it seems every time a Democrat takes over they are also taking over a total ■■■■ storm, Obama faced a cratering economy and 2 wars. Of course we needed to spend to get out of it, but the primary budget item was Bush’s bailouts of the Banks in 9/2020. Obama’s plan to get the economy on track cost 800 billion over 3 years but over 1/3 was tax cuts. Pretty cheap compared to the money being tossed around now.

Given that, let’s take Biden’s impact off the board and look at Trump’s deficits:

FY 2021: $966 billion budgeted + $600 billion from pandemic impact = $1.566 trillion
FY 2020: $1.083 trillion budgeted + $2.2 trillion from pandemic = $3.283 trillion
FY 2019: $984 billion
FY 2018: $779 billion

And this was with a healthy economy to start!

Let’s look at Obama’s:

FY 2017: $665 billion. Although Trump requested additional spending, Congress did not approve it.
FY 2016: $585 billion
FY 2015: $442 billion
FY 2014: $485 billion
FY 2013: $680 billion
FY 2012: $1.077 trillion
FY 2011: $1.300 trillion
FY 2010: $1.5 trillion. This is the sum of $1.294 trillion and $253 billion from the Obama Stimulus Act that was attached to the FY 2009 budget.

As you can see, Trump had worse numbers in his best years over Obama, outside of the time it took to recover from the Great Recession.

And Trump’s 2020 deficit was over 3 trillion dollars. (That is FY 2019/2020)

Not a great record.

4 Likes

In before it was the Democrats in congress fault.

I haven’t seen that in years…

Yup, given that the total deficit of these 2 Presidents were Obama 6.7 trillion in 8 years, taking place during the Great Recession and 2 wars and Trump 6.6 trillion in 4 years taking place in a healthy economy and low unemployment, no significant war expenses.

Gotta dust off the oldies now and then…

2 Likes

So you’re one that believe Covid was republican/Trump fault?

Yes Obama did inherited ■■■■■■ up economy…and what did he do? He didn’t allow a crises go to waste. Pushed health care instead of fixing economy and when he did those so-called shovel ready jobs weren’t shovel ready… Instead that money went to reward donors because they were out of power for 8 years.

Biden inherited a thriving economy, 3 vaccines, mostly secured border, no wars, strong foreign policy and what did he do? Rewarded his donors and triggered massive inflation.

Nice ■■■■■■■ job Biden/libs.

2 Likes

I don’t fault Trump for pushing deficit busting relief/stimulus bills but I do laugh when conservatives then turn around and blame democrats for overspending.

1 Like

No excuse for Trump running the same overall deficit in 4 years that Obama had in 8 years, period. He took over a good economy and doubled the deficit over Obama’s last few years. And that was before COVID hit.

worse for Putin and Jinping

1 Like

woops. i didnt say that.

no you just want me to say that

good thank you

nothing like a paragraph of insults. top notch

2 Likes

And large portion of that debt was Covid.

Now having said that…I wish Trump and repugs had gutted the federal government…starting with IRS, ATF, FBI and homeland security.

1 Like

i have a friend who is a laborer for much less and frets over how he will keep up with the rising costs of everything to provide for his family

i’ll cheer him up though with the good news of the S&P

You also left out the false “racism” narrative the J’Biden lackeys, handlers and associated miscreants hurl at their detractors when facts just get in their way.
Looking back on decades of the inequality foisted on minorities in the form of ■■■■■■ housing, education and election hopes, lies and ■■■■■■■■ by liberal progressives and Dimbulbcrats; who are the racists here?