Does anyone believe things would be going worse if Trump had been reelected?

Just following through on Trump’s request

1 Like

Of course not!! You can’t get any worse than the Biden Administration.

I don’t know what the average age of forum members but never in my lifetime has the country ever had a supply chain crises not even at the onset of covid and it’s1st year that dimwit Dems blame it on.

The Afghanistan withdrawal and the deaths of 13 soldiers, hundreds wounded & maimed while leaving hundreds , maybe thousands, of American civilians stranded, that’s got to be one of the worst military debacles in the history of the country.

Biden couldn’t reverse policies & EO’s that Trump put in place fast enough and if the idiot had just done nothing & left things as they were we would all be better off and a hell of lot safer.

Instead, we have historic inflation, hordes of unvaccinated & infected illegal refugees storming our southern border, human and child trafficking, historic drug smuggling and overdose deaths of Americans, we are dependent on OPEC for our oil needs, (talk about building backward), lawlessness all across the country, covid mask and vaccine mandates and civil unrest dividing the country to a dangerous level.

It’s astounding just to ask the question since the Biden disaster list grows every day!

4 Likes

but the economy’s great!

(just wanted to show how stupid that sounds)

1 Like

the economy’s so good it’s bad

— for idiots

1 Like

If Trump had been re-elected his administration would have been totally frozen by the increase in omicron. His approvals would be in the thirties and we would be on the third impeachment.
At least we would still have a semblance of a border.

2 Likes

man… crystal ball perfect

1 Like

Things are great for successful people.

• it’s the best time in decades to be hunting for a new high paying gig (if you aren’t hearing from LinkedIn recruiters on the regular, hit me up - I’ll fix your profile - just a small fee)

• the S&P is up 16% in the past year even with the last month’s downturn (which is ~9% factoring in inflation)

• more knowledge jobs allow you to work from anywhere, which mitigates housing cost spikes

• corporate earnings in most industries have been smashing all year, which means bonuses have been great

• personal savings rates have jumped, particularly for higher income people

• aggregate personal income has increased nominally by 7.2% between November 2020 and 2021, so the high inflation is offset by higher wages

• the number of billionaires and millionaires jumped (estimated 15-25%)

This is the economic world conservatives used to want, where high achievers are well-rewarded, taxes are relatively low, and there are strong incentives for people to “pull themselves up by the bootstraps.”

Much like liberals would bemoan the current state if dingus were still president, conservatives would be thrilled if it weren’t dongus in there today.

3 Likes

If Trump had won and we had the exact same circumstances- they would literally be screaming about “the greatest economy ever in the history of the whole wide world.”

2 Likes

….if only Biden had been elected and had a chance to implement his end the pandemic plan….

2 Likes

Good to see you! Welcome back!

2 Likes

He did- two-thirds of the country are vaccinated.

“Look, the results of the vaccine are very good, and if you do get Covid, it’s a very minor form. People aren’t dying when they take the vaccine. The ones that get very sick and go to the hospital are the ones that don’t take their vaccine. But it’s still their choice, and if you take the vaccine, you are protected.”

1 Like

conservatives want success for the tradesmen too

do you have a list of “success” for them too?

1 Like

Great - job postings for skilled tradespeople were up 50% in August prepandemic to today thanks to a hastening of retiring boomers

S&P 500 jump obviously is good for a husband and wife earning 50-60k each

Personal savings rate increasing is obviously good for same couple

The attractiveness of the trades was already apparent before pandemic. Nobody fixes ■■■■ on their own.

My guy just redid my deck (cathedral ceiling - it’s the balls) - had to wait four months for him to start. He’s busier than he’s ever been and charging for the privilege of getting his services.

So my point remains - successful people are winning.

3 Likes

Regarding infrastructure, Trump would have signed an infrastructure bill, it likely would have been about 1/2 the size though. The other thing is that most Americans will likely not even benefit from it.

1 Like

Which is always the case.

Trump wouldn’t have an infrastructure bill. His presidency was just a year and a half ago–we can’t already be forgetting how weak and ineffective he was at passing legislation.

By the end, he couldn’t even beg Mcconnell for a dollar.

1 Like

So you’re saying that Democrats would have opposed the infrastructure bill they just passed because it was Trump?

3 Likes

I remember that Trump started some talks on infrastructure and walked out. Just like he give up two offers of over $20B for his border wall. And then it was always going to be infrastructure week and that new gonzo health care plan in two weeks. It was a joke that just kept on giving.

1 Like

guys digging ditch, welding pipe and swinging hammers don’t give a ■■■■ about the “s&p500” they care about double the gas price to fill up their truck and groceries through the roof.

all your other crap fictions are cute. but hey you gotta do your job.

2 Likes

I think that a lot of us who love politics and hang out on these boards forget the fact that there are a whole bunch of folks out there that don’t give a damn about politics. And they do pay attention of the prices they pay and all of the other things. And they don’t spend the time to see what is going on with their local electors and D.C. .

3 Likes