Do you trust The Whitehouse and big tech to control "disinformation?"

Well they know the first cases were in the lab. They also know that there is zero evidence that it originated in bats or any other animal. And we know that Hunter is in bed with China.

They would rather you think of it as a riddle than a cover up. You suspect nothing. Am I right?

1 Like

Right? Because republicans always try to trick you into accepting less government interference from politicians.

Here are a few examples of misinformation/disinformation from Biden, Fauci, and their friends in the media.

Human to human transmission is unlikely
International travel restrictions are hysterical xenophobia
The flu is a bigger threat
Trump is using the coronavirus to distract from impeachment
Masks are worthless or even counterproductive
Natural origin is the only possible explanation
Trump’s vaccine is too rushed to be safe
A Capitol policeman was murdered with a fire extinguisher
Trump never condemned neo-Nazis

4 Likes

I honestly don’t know how anyone could trust any administration with being the gatekeeper of what is deemed as disinformation…that is a level of obsequious devotion that’s beyond my understanding.

7 Likes

And you suspect everything.

Somewhere in between lies the truth that we shall never find out.

Allan

How?

Because their information on the vaccine and Covid aligns with everything my doctor and other health care experts say about it.

This White House and the big tech companies have proven they have no need for that pesky 1st Amendment.

3 Likes

Not really. But I trust this white house admin more than the previous one.

I said along time ago I thought this generation of left wingers if put in a position of power, controlling the White House and the legislative branch, would be the greatest single threat to Americans freedom of speech in our lifetimes.

I really wish I had been wrong.

2 Likes

Yes, and the left seems to love it. What happened to them…

I think China knows who case one was and has since the beginning.

2 Likes

Well that’s one opinion. I have heard the other side too.

We will never know for sure.

Allan

It was not openly their propaganda in the past … kinda like this:

You don’t have a 1st Amendment right to use Facebook.

how does this violate the first amendement?

No they trick you into thinking that’s what they’ll give you.

Most of the people claiming it’s a first amendment issue clearly haven’t actually read the first amendment. Probably haven’t bothered with the other ones either though, to be fair.

This stance, while true enough (it is also true that the federal government has absolutely no enumerated power given it that would allow Congress to require private persons or privately held entities to respect any federal civil rights at all), is a point that hides the fact that so-called “progressives” used to seem far more in favor of free speech itself for its own merits than they do now, now that people are so very concerned about the feewwings of innumerable people, often by proxy of what those easily offended people (not of some special description) nevertheless imagine should offend others (of those special descriptions) as they endlessly virtue signal about how nice and tolerant and understanding they maintain they are … just ask them.

1 Like

You put your finger on the fatal flaw of their entire argument. There has not yet been a court decision or legislation passed that says Big Tech is now the public square wherein 1st amendment protections apply

Now Congress might pass such legislation, but I think it is highly questionable whether this current Supreme Court would view it as constitutional

2 Likes

True. The WH and the media seldom if ever tell the truth about anything these days.

2 Likes