Do You Think This Country Still Supports the 2nd Amendment?

It was allowed to expired in 2004.

So, you have no list of laws enacted since 2004. Thought so.

History didn’t start in 2004.

I care about the here and now and the lack of gun control laws now.

There have been ZERO gun control legislation passed since 2004. ZERO.

And because the R’s have refused even the least restrictive measures we are where we are today. The youth of this country will be leading the way and they want action.

I’d bet dollars to doughnuts that there is more correlation between the “spanking is child abuse” movement and the rise of school violence than anything gun related.

No. Gun deaths are half what they were in 1993. 6.21 such deaths per 100,000 people in 1993, compared with 3.4 in 2016. That what the status quo has brought us.

What the kids will realize is that liberals will lie to them to satisfy their own anti-gun agenda.

So there hasn’t been a string of shootings roughly once a month for a while now?

There have been more than that. That would be only 5 this year. Dallas has that many drug shootings a week.
I think you’re totally over your head with this subject and probably need to read a little before you approach it again.

They understand the status quo must be changed, but none of the changes the anti-gun mob is proposing will protect them…THAT is what is sorry about this.

Your post perfectly displays what the big fuss is about. That you deem it to be an unimportant right and therefore unworthy of protection is precisely why there is such opposition to the anti-gun cause.

1 Like

No offense, but pretty much all kids get registered to vote when they get their driver’s license, or in school. My youngest son turned 18 a couple of months ago. He got his poll ID card (proof of voter registration) a week later. Why? he had already registered to vote when he was 16 or 17, it just wasn’t valid until he was 18 . The real test is to see if the youth will vote in non-Presidential elections. That, I’m doubtful about.

There are no such things as reasonable reforms, other than possibly mandating governmental agencies report better to the NICS. “Reasonable” reforms just make it harder for law-abiding citizens to buy guns with almost no effect on criminals.

I doubt the youth are going to march in lock step either. Lots of rural kids love hunting.

The 2nd Amendment is fundamentally an amendment to allow for the use and ownership of the best means of self defense, so fundamentally, it’s a right to self defense, which is among the most fundamental of human rights.

There hasn’t been this much news coverage of school shootings since Columbine.

Really Mob? Do you want us to bring up your concern for the lives of children that are casually snuffed out by abortions again?

That is not true in all states. It’s definitely not true in NY where I live.

I believe these young kids are very motivated by this issue and that Trump is President (most are not fans, to say the least.)

We are becoming one issue voters just like so many R’s are - and the issue for us are stricter gun laws.

IMO, I think the gun nuts think they have most people on their side - because they are in an NRA bubble. I think there are way more of us than them now. People are simply fend up with our children getting slaughtered in schools, theaters, concert venues, malls etc., and nothing being done at all.

TimesUp.

It has already been restricted … many times.

It may just be coincidence, but it seems that the more it is restricted, more more random violence we experience. Maybe we are going in the wrong direction.

Wow, are you saying that NY isn’t complying with the Motor-Voter act?

If you really want to protect children, ban cell phone texting. It kills many more teens than are killed with guns. The real problem is not guns. The real problem is that our society (due to the loss of things like church and local schools) is losing it’s sense of cohesion and responsiblity.

Not true. Gun locks. 2005.

You are right. One of them … calls herself lulubee … posts right here in this Forum.