Do You Think This Country Still Supports the 2nd Amendment?

Didn’t they refuse the clear backpacks?

This is the biggest straw man of all time. Guns=freedom

“The kids” who organized protests after Parkland demanded that “assault weapons” be banned; that universal background checks be implemented; that guns be confiscated from anyone exhibiting violent behavior; and that the minimum age to buy any gun be raised to 21. If all of those things had been enacted into law prior to this last school shooting, would the tragedy been prevented?

What do they want?

A gun ban?

And that is the main reason behind this anti-gun rhetoric, fire up the clueless children to elect democrats. Because no matter how many of them you dupe, your chances of repealing the second remain slim to none.

There are quite a few of them on this forum. It appears they’re getting more spun up and irrational by the day.

By now Bill, you should realize that Mob is not interested in facts.

I believe in NYS you need to apply for a “senior” license when you turn 18, so they don’t sign up to register when the get their “junior” license at 16 or 17.

Cell phone texting while driving is already against the law in NYS,

In all honesty, it’s somewhat understandable for those who just went through such a tragic event to make such ridiculous demands. What is not understandable is the obsequious level of devotion to them and their cause they inspired among supposed rational people.

1 Like

So is murdering people.

We didn’t need to fire them up, They got their generation fired up all on their own. Seeing your friends get mowed down will do that. They are the leaders of this movement - just like my generation took the lead over the Vietnam WR.

Their parents and us old folks are their allies.

Oh, and they aren’t clueless.

One other reasonable reform would be to allow individuals to access the NICS when selling a personal gun to another individual without having to pay an FFL to do it for them. It would be relatively simple to do and it would close the so-called “gunshow loophole” so you would think the anti-gun folks would love t. But they want to add to the bureaucracy (and expense to the gun owners/buyers) by forcing all transfers of guns (even a gift to an immediate family member) be conducted as though it was a commercial sale. Their resistance to such reasonable changes proves that they are not serious about resolving the problems, they just want to continue to restrict legal private gun ownership out of existence.

… says the person who claims that everyone they know do not support the 2nd Amendment.

About ten times more kids die each year coming and going to school than die while in school from all causes, not just gunshots. Apparently liberals accept those deaths without question.

How can they be so callous? All we are asking for are reasonable restrictions on owning cell phones and driving. But you know these phone and car nuts aren’t having any of it.

1 Like

Obviously the law is not preventing kids from dying. We need more laws.

rolling eyes

Laws banning texting while driving appear to be reducing the number of fatalities by about 2% but it is going take time time - like seat belt wearing laws took time to start making a difference.

But go ahead and keep mocking these kids and young adults. They don’t care. They are “woke” and you aren’t going to stop them.

Why won’t you answer my question? “The kids” who organized protests after Parkland demanded that “assault weapons” be banned; that universal background checks be implemented; that guns be confiscated from anyone exhibiting violent behavior; and that the minimum age to buy any gun be raised to 21. If all of those things had been enacted into law prior to this last school shooting, would the tragedy been prevented?

Or something that disables a phone while car is in drive. I’m sure it’s not to far away.

We could do that with smart guns (finger recognition) but nooooo…NRA is against that and drove that manufacturer out of business.

Pfft, liberals have been telling me the younger generation were all liberals and were going to help them get their agenda done for forty years. Hasn’t happened yet, republicans hold more elected offices now then they have in the last hundred years. I’m not afraid of little liberal Johnny and Susie, they can’t be counted on to vote and many of them turn into republicans by the time they can be.