Do you think the deal the Right is making with trump is Faustian in nature?

You did exactly what I posted by comparing him to David.
You can’t. The difference between David and 45 is a chasm. David knew God.

Supporting a philanderer and adulterer, welch, coward, and masquerading Christian is nessesary so they can impose their “values” on others.

Was it his plan to praise him like a sycophant too, or does that simply reveal the nature of his followers to God?

In my twenties I was studying journalism, politics–and, the Bible. What instantly struck me as I was reading through the stories about King Saul, Samuel, and David was how political it was. In my Bible Study, I was the only one on the side of King Saul–and that hasn’t ever changed. It is extremely difficult to find people of faith speaking against King David. He is forgiven a myriad of mortal sins.

I have found a few scholars willing to tackle the political aspects of the Bible, and of course, I approve of them as it is always nice to find someone who agrees with me. :wink:

I do give David credit for this. At the same I can’t help feeling aghast that someone who knew really knew God could behave as David did. To me, this shows more contempt of God than someone who acts in the same way who has not known God.

People of faith remember what Mrs. Clinton and members of her campaign said about religion:

1. Deep-seated cultural codes, religious beliefs and structural biases have to be changed. Mrs. Clinton believes that, as president, it is her job not to respect the views of religious conservatives but to force them to change their beliefs.
  2. There needs to be a Catholic Spring. Seeds need to be planted to change Catholic teaching.
  3. Clinton aides noted that the basket of deplorables included Catholics and Evangelicals.

Mrs. Clinton was the wife of an adulterer, who defended her husband and threatened the women with whom he had affairs, and even one whom he had raped. She was intent in changing religious teachings and beliefs.

Compare this to candidate Trump who supported the faithful, insisting they could not only stand by their beliefs and teachings, but would be welcome to proclaim them.

[quote=“Cynic, post:23, topic:6316, full:true”]
Was it his plan to praise him like a sycophant too, or does that simply reveal the nature of his followers to God? [/quote]
Probably neither. It is extremely rare to find a true villain, and easy to see our heroes have feet of clay. David lived at a time where in his youth, the rulers were Judges, supported by the priestly class. Then clamor arose not for priests and Judges to rule, but for a King. Saul was chosen, and Saul refused to be a puppet of the priests. So the priests (led by Samuel) began the search to find a King who they could control–or who would at least listen to them.

David proved more diplomatic to the priests and former tradition than had Saul. This very likely stemmed from his belief in God and respect of the priesthood.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Eh, who am I fooling, 95% of Christians I see are fake weekend warriors with no morals when it matters; Trump voters.

We as Americans “Try” to separate Church from State. Can the Bible say the same?

Yes
……………

21 They say unto him, Caesar’s. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things that are Caesar’s; and unto God the things that are God’s.

What should cause us sleepless nights is a left wing that wants to bully and shame Christians into voting for a candidate who wants to abolish Christianity’s–especially Catholic–central teachings and tenets. If you want Christians to vote for your candidate, then perhaps next time call on him/her to support religious freedom and to respect religious teachings and beliefs. Otherwise count on Christians to vote for the adulterer who respects religious freedoms and Christian teachings even if that candidate not the model Christian him/herself.

What I am noticing, is that while those on the right and center respect the secret ballot and don’t tell others how they should vote, the far left seems to believe it is their solemn duty to hound and persecute their fellow citizens into voting for the candidate on the left.

1 Like

The Bible records the history of the times in which it was written. And, until the eighteenth century, there was no separation of Church and State. It was as natural for citizens of those times to think in terms of a unified Church and State as it is for us today to think in terms of separation of the two.

Separation of Church and State is a recent development, and one not always followed in certain parts of the Middle East and Asia. It has been one great experiment in the West. The State would be very wise to keep in mind that people of faith will give up their State should the State force the faithful to choose between the two. This was shown in the defeat of Hillary Clinton in the last election. Take care of Church, if one wishes for people of Church to take care of State.

Keep in mind that Jews had to fight hard to keep their faith under Roman rule. They were the exception, not the rule. They are also an example of a people who unwillingly and recalcitrantly put up with Roman rule while ever plotting to push them out.

That’s the point, Christians DON’T vote on their beliefs and Trump is the proof.

What are our beliefs?

Its not a semantics lesson, these accusations are simply not a part of the platform that people voted for. Explaining the difference between a cow and a horse is not a semantics difference.

First, much of what you say is just unsupported accusations. Making stuff up is not the same thing as presenting evidence of it. People make up stuff about their opponents all the time.

Second, people voted for issues that effect them and their childrens lives. In doing that, they are not making themselves either the morals teacher or the morals student of the person they are voting for. The are voting for issues that will hopefully improve the lives of millions. As to the Presidents own morals on personal issues, thats up to him to look after. He is not my cult leader.

Ahh but he is

Forgove men their trespass and you will be forgiven.

Nope. As a person, he is in your head, not mine.