Do you suffer from white guilt?

Affirmative action and hate crime laws and they are designed to counter systemic racism.

I never understood this “systemic” claim with these actual laws in place.

:man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

No. Doesn’t mean those laws don’t disproportionately effect one group over another.

Blaming the law for “disproportionate burden” ignores the behavior.

1 Like

President trump agrees as well about mandatory minimums.

1 Like

If one group is disproportionately commiting more crimes then other groups, yes mandatory minimums would affect them more than other groups.

1 Like

The good news is: Nobody is forcing you to stay. If you no longer like the topics presented, you are free to leave the forum. Don’t let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.

Because of culture, not race.

1 Like

Who cares? That’s not the topic.

The answer is “the majority”, as in every other case in republics or democracies.

Then you can names the laws…

It’s more of a feeling.

Like cops shooting unarmed black men.
50 million

Yes feelings…and being told how too.

1 Like

I don’t suffer from white guilt or nor do I believe I personally owe anything to anybody… but I do believe we as a society owe something to minority communities.

Maybe you do. But I don’t. I have done nothing wrong. I have earned every dollar that has passed through my hand.

1 Like

Why do you take the word of a political commentary over people who actually study this stuff and people who actually live in these communities.

And why do people keep falling for this absurd talking point that since some black people have manged to become famous and/or successful that systemic racism doesn’t exist?

Stop focusing on yourself… do you think society over the last 100 years has been fair and equitable to people of color?

Why do you keep falling for the lie that white people are preventing black people from succeeding?

1 Like

Fool me once …

I don’t. Most white people are not preventing black people from succeeding. But white people in the past have created and contributed to systems, rules, and stereotypes that in general make it harder for black people to succeed vs white people and the echos of those are still being felt.

1 Like

We had a black president. Twice. The “echoes” didn’t seem to stop him. I’m not willing to give anybody my money based on an echo that only liberals can hear.

2 Likes