Do you suffer from white guilt?

And why do people keep falling for this absurd talking point that since some black people have manged to become famous and/or successful that systemic racism doesn’t exist?

I can agree with this statement especially if someone was alive during the Jim Crow era and participated in it. I just hit the big 40 :frowning: two weeks ago I wasn’t around at that time so I don’t suffer from white guilt although I find it sad watching racial tensions worsen which at least on the surface seemed like they were getting better over my lifetime deteriorate rapidly in a 6-7 or so year time period.

One can draw different conclusions on what caused it, as well as what does that mean for the ability of people of different races living together. It could go several ways, I hope for the best but maybe we will go the way Yugoslavia or Iraq and divide. Not sure at this point as it worsens. Part of me thinks the country should divide, if we are honest we already are.

Nope. Culture had nothing to do with Redlining or Jim Crow.

1 Like

Because nobody can explain what systemic racism is? Examples are non existent.

The L.A.P.D. has a minority police chief. The city leadership is largely minority. They have thousands of minority Lieutenants, captains, sergeants and officers. They are 70 percent minority. Yet somehow they are engaged in systemic racism against their own people? Hogwash.

2 Likes

It’s not some black people have succeeded, 78% of black people do not live in poverty. It’s most or the vast majority of black people have succeeded.

It’s not systemic.

What’s the percentage of white people not in poverty?

72% of black babies born to unwed mothers. 2011

1 Like

Look it up. Then report back. Nobody knows this info off the top of their heads.

What percentage of white people finish their education compared to blacks?

It is irrelevant.

Not my point. People keep asking questions. They are capable of finding their own answers.

21% of black children fail to graduate high school.

Neither do I but it does exist in the United States.

Allan

Give me your best example. I’m looking for something solid. Not theory.

Systemic racism in the High Schools?

No it’s completely relevant. If we are all under the same laws And they are applied the same way, the poverty rates should be virtually the same between black and white people.

https://www.raceforward.org/videos/systemic-racism

https://science.sciencemag.org/content/369/6502/351

You’re welcome. Hope these clear things up.

1 Like

22% live in poverty

28% have children out of wedlock
21% don’t graduate high school

But it’s the system.

A choice not to study is more like it. A lot of white kids make the same choice.

1 Like

Or it’s not the system, it’s something else.