Do millennials really know who and what they're really voting for?

Yes we do. Our new millennial platform will make the Khmer Rouge blush.
It’s the only way to ensure the erroneous assumptions and self righteous stupidity demonstrated in your retarded post cannot spread beyond the borders of a gulag.

You do realize that many (if not most) of the people who are doing poorly put themselves into the situations they find themselves in. I personally know some myself.

I don’t feel that bad for most of us.

They didn’t have to amass that kind of debt. It was a choice.

Depends on the situation.

Agreed. Some got royally screwed by the economy after graduation.

Others made some poor decisions.

I graduated in 2008. I’m trying to figure out how to balance forensic osteology, paleopathology and a myriad of other ■■■■ with a McJob.
In other words, I would be happy to pay higher taxes so the next generation doesn’t have to deal with this ■■■■■■■■■

You are also atypical.

The demographic that seems to know the least about who they’re voting for and why has to be elderly white folks, followed closely thereafter by young, uneducated whites.

But no group seems particularly strong.

I know quite a few myself. They also have kids.

I also don’t see a need to punish those kids for having ■■■■■■ parents.

So what’s the answer? The state?

I wonder if that had anything to do with the growth in single parent households?

Uh huh, there are millions of democrats who say the same thing, here’s an idea, why don’t you all get together and voluntarily put your money where your mouth is and fund private scholarships?

Income was adjusted for household size.

Did you read it?

I find it incredulous that so many are against NPR. It’s obvious that the majority of criticism of NPR comes from people who have never listened to it.

During the height of the Iraq war “left wing” NPR was the only radio station that did a regular slot which focused on soldiers who had died in Iraq. They would talk about the soldiers life, why he or she joined up and got input from friends and family. This was aired always during prime time morning hours. I do not recall Hannity, Limbaugh or any other prominent conservative commentator to use their shows to feature such fitting tributes to Americans who gave their life for their country.

But you don’t listen to NPR so you were denied the opportunity of hearing any of this.

1 Like

Yes, most of the decline in middle income household wealth was a result of the recent recession. But contrary to your claim, they have still increased their median wealth by 34% since 1970.

And as I said, the majority moved up in class, not down.

:rofl: Now that’s funny.

The median INCOME grew 34% and I don’t see anywhere that it says anything about inflation adjusting.

Looking at the income increases (real) by quintile, it shows that the vast majority of the country has seen next to no income increases over the time frame.

https://www.advisorperspectives.com/dshort/updates/2017/09/19/u-s-household-incomes-a-50-year-perspective

Median wealth is 100% flat.

Did you read the report? You keep saying untrue things about it.

from The American Middle Class Is Losing Ground | Pew Research Center

Although the middle class has not kept pace with upper-income households, its median income, adjusted for household size, has risen over the long haul, increasing 34% since 1970.

And they don’t specifically say so but if you can do some math it has to be adjusted for inflation.

But you are right that I should have typed income not wealth.