Do millennials really know who and what they're really voting for?

No, you said everyone moved up. You didn’t say anyone moved down. Although this missed the larger point that we aren’t talking about “people” but populations. It’s more accurate to say there are more people earning a lot more than median income and more people earning a lot less than median income.

Yes, my bad, I did at one point erroneously say no one, not long after posting that a larger “share” moved up than down. I retract the words no one. So to recap, the middle class shrank predominately because people moved up income not down. Their income is up 34% since 1970.

i ve listened to enough NPR to hear their spin and bias. a recurring segment on soldiers killed in combat doesnt center a new source and frankly doesn’t surprise me given how much the media highlighted the soldiers deaths with so much coverage of it.

since you’re obviously such an enlightened NPR listener and open to new ideas and positions let me recommend a book for you. Take note it is written by the former CEO of NPR.

Well if a former ceo says it, it must be true! Checkmate atheists!

Says the person who wants the gubmint to subsidize parents private school tuition with tax payer monies.

There are always exceptions to pretty much everything - that’s why antidotes aren’t statistics.

34% over almost 50 years? That doesn’t even keep up with inflation.

It must be inflation adjusted, I just don’t have time to figure out why no other sources numbers don’t line up.

Sure, let’s take advice from the people who voted for the clueless reality TV star with no political experience and in many cases are embarrassed to admit they support him.

Lol, that’s adjusted for inflation, do your really think the middle class is only making 34% more now than in 1970 in non adjusted income?

Real pet capital GDP more than doubled during this time. 23% seems a little skimpy.

Go on strike.

I’m not middle class.

Nah, it’s going to be public.

Me either, like most middle class kids, I went to college and became upper middle class. Just kidding, I was poverty level and made upper income level, it’s not hard to do in America. If you can’t make it here, kill yourself because it doesn’t get any easier. Imagine being born anywhere else, not pretty.

If you can’t make it here, kill yourself.

Thanks, zantax.

You must be a Republican.

What a psychopathic belief.

It’s harder to do in America than a lot of other countries. This is a statement born out of ignorance.

That less people do so here than in some other countries does not mean it’s harder to do, it just means, fewer people do, the reasons for which are open to debate. We know for a fact that people from different cultures do better or worse here as a group, so I see no reason that doesn’t apply in moving up in other countries as well.

Do I have to explain what a rhetorical device is to you?