Do millennials really know who and what they're really voting for?

Careful about these stasistics. Many moved moved up, some moved down. Good for those who moved up. But those left over are doing far worse. Median income is down. Wealth is down. Socioeconomic mobility is down.

Wealth disparity is increasing by leaps and bounds.

Uh huh…sure. rolling eyes

The erosion of the middle class has been that more people have gone to the upper middle class. See zantax’ post.

I replied to Zantax’s post. Perhaps you should have read my post.

I read it, looked like obfuscation to me.

So of course Trump disrupting that is the right thing to do…

They aren’t “for” things. They’re against things.

People coming out of school with 100K in debt for a career that no longer exist are not happy with the current state of politics in America…

shocking.

I’m for quite a number of things.

Only if you don’t want to think critically about your own lost.

The loss of the ascendancy of the middle class because they went to college and became wealthy? Ok, I’ll try and deal with it.

I guess you didn’t read my critique.

I read it, you ignored the facts, statistically no one moved down, they moved up.

Thats a good attitude to have when watching these sort of interviews as they tend to be heavily biased in who they choose to interview, not to mention these interviews have way too small a sample size to have any statistical validity to determine any trends so they are not reliable at all.

Ah, no. That’s not what the study said. Not at all.

The graphs say otherwise, unless you want to quibble over whether to use a percent or raw numbers. As a percentage of the population, the middle class shrank while the percentage of upper income grew and poverty remained near constant with one percent growth.

I consider myself an exception to this.

I was raised on a steady diet of Rush. Read a lot of the conservative tomes. Moved onto Libertarian and Ayn Rand… but as I have aged I have become dismayed that the richest country in the history of the world at its richest point cannot take care of all of it’s citizens. The 2008 collapse and learning about that also shifted my view about things.

It’s not about can, it’s about should. I see no reason anyone should be taking care of a non-disabled adult. I’m not their mommy.

Sure. That is a fine opinion to have.

But I would counter with that it doesn’t make much sense to deny those who are in need over the fear that a percentage might be getting one over on the system.

The percentage of low income families went from 25% to 29%. From 1971 to 2015.

Did you actually read the report?