Did you ever think?

The “continual stream” is near the lowest it’s been in 40+ years.

The “continual stream” amounts to 0.14% of the current US population

So let’s stop blowing it up into some “huge emergency”…stop entrenching into positions we know cause nothing but stalemate…stop pretending one side is “for security” and the other side is for “wide open borders” and work together to solve the problem.

Yeah, that’s false. If it were true Obama and the Ds could have pushed for it when had complete power.

Truth is, about a medium sized football stadium is about the number of people that are granted asylum from ALL OVER THE WORLD into our country.

It’s funny that Republican Media has convinced people otherwise.

1 Like

Not really. The darling of the left, AOC wants amnesty and abolishing ICE, as well as greatly relaxed immigration standards and requirements.

If this is the extent of your knowledge about what’s happening, there’s kinda no point in having this conversation.

And my point is that the left wanted the caravan granted amnesty/asylum. Remember all those pictures of tear gas? Just women and kids, what’s the harm?

They could have, but Obama went balls to the wall on health care.

It depends, if a warrant has been issued for the kidnapper, they would, of course, notify the other jurisdiction that the person was in their custody since that would the legal reason they detained the person. San Francisco cops have no ability to determine the status of someone they arrest and without a warrant subject the city to financial liability if they make the wrong determination. The city, as policy, prohibits incurring this risk and is under no legal obligation to hold the person without a warrant.

Perhaps rather than responding with snide comments, you could enlighten me as to what you think is really going on?

And Steve King advocates for equally ridiculous positions… Just like AOC, he represents, one vote out of 435 in the house…

AOC represents all democrats.

Steve King only represents himself.

1 Like

This is a whole lot of words to say you are just fine with people being here illegally.

AOC is ridiculous? Wow- think that’s the first criticism I’ve ever heard of her from anyone on the left.

What does the left want with immigration? I haven’t heard a coherent platform, other than amnesty seems to be a uniting theme.

It’s weird how outraged some on the right are about this yet are completely oblivious to what’s actually happening.

What in the world are you responding to? He answered the question you asked. Are you upset that the law doesn’t work the way you want it to?

Not at all, it’s a whole lot of words explaining how a kidnapping suspect can be held by the SF police. An illegal alien, without a warrant, puts ANY city as risk of lawsuits and violating the 4th amendment rights of persons held illegally. This isn’t even controversial in the courts… There is case after case of cities and counties being held liable for holding someone without a warrant… Miami-Dade county is just the latest…

So because 1 politician wants something everybody on the left wants the same thing? Does that mean everyone on the right shares the same goals and value system as Steve King?

If you want to have honest discussions with people who think differently from you, posts like this are unhelpful.

2 Likes

This is where the right loses me.

Democrats care about border security, and they seek to approach the issue in a nuanced manner as immigration is a complicated topic. Republicans don’t care about listening to any of that because they already made up their minds about what Democrats think.

They should have been able to determine he was an American Citizen without much trouble. Look, there are millions of undocumented immigrants in this country, what, if anything should we do about it?

She’s the darling of the left- have you seen the reaction to her from the left on here? They’re practically star-struck. I have never seen such doe-eyes for anyone like this.

I asked another poster what the left actually wants for immigration. The only uniting factor I’ve seen is a blanket amnesty in some form.