Did Trump do the right thing in killing Soleimani?

I thought you didn’t want us involved in the ME…

That is not what the poll is about. Did Trump do the right thing in killing Soleimani?

Whether we should have troops there is for another debate.

I’m just pointing out the limitations of the two options you present.

For example, someone like yourself who wants us out of the ME, but hates this man…how do you answer, since his assasination entangles us further into the ME, and possibly brings us into another war?

And that’s about where I am - I’m not upset that he’s dead. I’m wondering if the price for his head is too high to pay…So your poll gives me no answer that reflects my feeling on the matter.

1 Like

Just as a general rule if you’re going to engage in high level political assassination openly, there should be a payoff that’s worth it.

2 Likes

As long as our troops are there, I want them to have the ability to defend themselves.

As I said. We can debate whether he troops should be there. But he question is do they have the ability to defend themselves…yes or no.

But that wasn’t your question.

I get it…I understand the need to flounder on tough questions.

Bottom line is…should our troops have ability to do what is necessary to defend themselves. If he answer is yes this should be a simple question.

This wasn’t the troops defending themselves - it was an assignation.

Really…is Soleimani innocent in attacks on American personal, troops and embassy in Iraq? yes or no?

2 Likes

If you think this operation falls under the code of conduct and rules of engagement, you are sanctioning assassination.

No, he is not innocent.

Are we at war with Iran, making him a viable military target? Yes or no?

How is that any different then…let say a sniper doing his job?

If Iran has it proxy General ordering attacks on American troops…yes.

Now are you going to answer my poll question?

Yes! Yes! and Yessss!. Apparently Iran thinks Americans have been fair game for years. Whether or not we are at war depends on what Iran chooses to do next.

I’m good with it, but it needs to end here.

Again it’s not if it’s “right”. It’s if it’s strategically smart- which it’s not.

For example- it’s “right” for Kim Jong Un to be deposed and/or asssasinated by us. It’s not smart to do that because it could lead to a major war.

Pretty simple.

Are you a Master Strategist?

Yup I’m licensed in most states. It’s a 3 year program.

1 Like

When and where did you serve?

Oh I would love to pull out of Iraq. But sadly I think it’s now harder because if we pull the troops out now Iran will say we drove United States out…and libs will say they allowed Iran to drive us out.

2 Likes