Did Trump do the right thing in killing Soleimani?

Iran gaining more power in the region is a major reason why it wasn’t smart to kill Solomanei.

Where did you study strategy?

I see.

And Islamic State was gaining more power in middle east…I guess it wasn’t smart in killing em.

Each case is different- I think we’d all agree it has been smart and right to kill off the Islamic State.

Let me put it really simply…

Is it smart and right to shoot a missle at Tehran and kill Khamenei right now?

So only a democrat can determine what is legitimate target is…is that what you’re telling me?

If Khamenei is operating on battlefield killing Americans…yes he’s legit target IMO.

If you’re not committed then bring those troops home.

2 Likes

If the right stuff had been done years ago (and killing this one guy is only a small part of what should have been done) we wouldn’t still be there now.

Like most world leaders Khamenei will never be on the battlefield. But he is the main decision maker. I hope you would agree it’s a terrible idea to assassinate him right now-because that would lead to total war. It’s not about right it’s about being smart.

I’m all for Iraq compensating America for our troubles right before we show ourselves out. It’s the least they can do.

5 Likes

I served at Charlie’s Crab. And later the U.S. Marines. And I will vouch for Sneaky’s strategic mastery.

Recliner? :thinking:

1 Like

I had to look that up…seafood restaurant?

Yes. North of Cincinnati. Been out of business for a few years. Cool building. An old house that used to be a brothel, then a speak easy. Had a lot of everything. Including a murder. Supposed to be haunted. Sometimes I would vacuum the floors alone in the house. I didn’t see any spooks. The new Owner is a man by the name of Jeff Ruby. Famous for booting O.J. out of one of his restaurants.

2 Likes

It was answered.

You either do not like the answer, or do not understand.

The reaction from the Senators today to the briefing they received show this was another stupid decision by Trump.

There was no imminent threat they stopped with this attack. Trump just decided to roll the dice in a huff.

I have no doubt that everyone who voted for him like that kind of thing in their CinC. I don’t.

No.
What is telling is your disdain for people you disagree with.

Please, go on.

Is the sniper in an army at war with another army? Or is he snipping a general in an army we have not declared war on?

You think we are at war with Iran?

“at war” has a real definition.

Have we declared war on Iran?

They have always had the ability to defend themselves. This move hasn’t changed that.

But you can’t honestly believe this move made our troops safer, do you?