Did Trump disparage veterans?

This “news” didn’t just surface now. Likely it was sitting in some reporters desk and not used at the time as it was unprovable rumor…but if it changes even one vote, what the heck.
In other breaking news, Trump mocks a disabled reporter.

Oh well, I may have to write in another candidate. Shall I change my mail in vote or the one I do in person?

how about “a lot of people are saying?”

1 Like

We see him…we hear him, but these people who support him still don’t give a crap. Which say a lot about them. FTR…Trump is an unAmerican, un-patriotic bitch made dude who only care about his image, his money and his brand while using the office of the POTUS to increase it.

Is this your king…Is this your king?

1 Like

Trump’s holding a presser today at five so there’s no way he doesn’t go off on a rant about this. I expect stories about men coming up to him with tears in their eyes saying, “Sir.”

4 Likes

So what? Because they released it at a time to create maximum effect means it should be ignored?

Did you feel the same in October 2016 when reporting starting talking about Hillary being under investigation?

It’s like some forgot his speech at the CIA…

2 Likes

Wait a minute. This story (which we heard about two years ago) was reported in a book based on talking to Trump’s staff and John Kelly…and the book did not include statements by the staff or John Kelly saying that he mocked the deceased veterans as losers?
Why do you think that book would have excluded those details? Out of respect for Trump?

Also in the “Very Stable Genius” book there is an account where he calls his generals “dopes and babies” and calls Afghanistan a “loser war” and that they are “all losers”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/youre-a-bunch-of-dopes-and-babies-inside-trumps-stunning-tirade-against-generals/2020/01/16/d6dbb8a6-387e-11ea-bb7b-265f4554af6d_story.html

1 Like

Yep. This is completely in line with how he’s spoke for 4 years

3 Likes

The blatent attempt at rewriting history of McCains funeral is also of note.

1 Like

I dunno, he’s such a nice guy in his public appearances and on Twitter it’s hard to believe.

Jimmy Carter was an enormous ■■■■■■■ in private, to his staff and to Congresscritters. That’s hard to believe but true. This not so much.

1 Like

We know that the President didn’t want to go.

We know that the President disparages anything that doesn’t personally affect him.

We know that the President’s supporters will dismiss any negative story about him and twist themselves into knots to do so.

How many stories like this does it take until it sinks in that the President is just a terrible person?

It’s pretty obvious this is what he thinks of our veterans. Disgusting but not surprising.

6 Likes

When all else fails they just make it up about Trump. Nothing new in their approach.

I remember that old veteran who gave him his Purple Heart. Any self-respecting man would have said “Thank you for the tremendous honor, but I didn’t earn it. Keep it. You earned it.” Instead, donnie goes “Oooooo! I always wanted one of those!”

7 Likes

Or his speech at the boy scouts

Or his speech at the coast guard graduation

I dont think so. Looks like the media are trying to everything to frame Trump on everything just to make him look bad.

Never mind the video tapes of Joe Biden sniffing children. :roll_eyes:

We know that the media will print any anti Trump garbage based on rumor and call it “anonymous officials and former officials”. We went through that for three years over the Russia collusion conspiracy hoax.

"“Fool me once…”

1 Like

I wonder of that vet feels like a chump yet?

1 Like

Yeah because a journalist who is known for using false sources? i doubt thats what he thinks of our American troops. Trump attacking/Criticizing John McCain was different.