Did Trump disparage veterans?

Another thread?

Gossip

Other current and former White House officials who were on the trip have denied the account as reported by the magazine.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/administration/515112-pence-rejects-report-on-trump-disparaging-fallen-soldiers-as%3Famp

ill believe the atlantic over other “white house official”

Sarah sanders,kelyyanne conway and a host of other proven liars are “white house officials”

the atlantic on the other hand has a reputation for telling the truth and fact checking

2 Likes

He got support from an unlikely source on Friday when John R. Bolton, his former national security adviser who has broken with him and called him unfit for office, said he was on the trip in question and never heard Mr. Trump make those remarks. “I didn’t hear that,” Mr. Bolton said in an interview. “I’m not saying he didn’t say them later in the day or another time but I was there for that discussion.”

Emphasis mine. Named source.

Y’know one time my father told me when I was a teenager, in an epic display of bad judgment, that he always knew when I was lying because I’d get furiously angry at an accusation instead of just being like, “It’s not true.”

2 Likes

Yeah, all of Trump’s tells are extremely obvious

What’s the statute of limitations on that?

You know…like “Swift Boat Veterans for Truth”? That was 40 years previously.

Or an editorial Bernie Sanders wrote in the 1970s? That’s ok?

3 Likes

Rev Wright is still trotted out here often.

1 Like

The book “Very Stable Genius” has this incident and it is shown that the weather was used to give the President an excuse to not do something that he really didn’t want t do.

John Kelly went and when Kelly received good press about it, the President was furious.

Must…defend…Trump…at…all…cost…

I don’t know why some you are on here frontin. You all know he said that ■■■■ because you all know it’s not outside the realm of possibility that something like that can come from such a vile and terrible person. Once again instead of holding his bitch ass accountable, you all bend the knee and pledge undying loyalty to a man who don’t give a crap about you as a supporter or the American people.

Of course he disparage our veterans…hell he disparages any and everyone that’s not palatable to his taste.

8 Likes

There is always a tweet

1 Like

Looking at how he has treated some wounded veterans and gold star families in the past, it makes it hard to believe he wouldn’t say these truly terrible things. It’s just who he is. He has shown us over and over again.

1 Like

This sort of behavior is so out of the blue for the President.

I agree. Like @Jamerican said, It’s not out of the realm of possibility that a human being like Donald Trump would say something of this nature.

1 Like

Because…denigrating our war dead has an expiration date?

1 Like

If he had, then Bolton would have stated so in his book.

The demon always shrieks its loudest when it’s about to be exorcised.

2 Likes

Does it seem within his character to make those comments?..Absolutely. I’d wager he did. And since when can’t a helicopter fly in the rain?

Edit: Okay… that link sucks.

The one I want to link too has a filter bypass. It is from Business Insider.

Here is the relevant section

" According to a new book written by two Pulitzer Prize-winning reporters from the Washington Post, Trump told his staff that he did not want to make the trip to the cemetery, about 55 miles from central Paris.

“I don’t think I’m going to go,” Trump said, Washington Post reporters Philip Rucker and Carol Leonnig wrote in their book, “A Very Stable Genius.”

“Kelly, a retired four-star Marine Corps general and a Gold Star father; and his deputy, Zach Fuentes, told Trump that he could defer to the inclement weather conditions and invoke a “weather call” to cancel the trip, according to “A Very Stable Genius.” Traveling by motorcade had its own problems, including a one-and-a-half hour commute and creating additional traffic.”

And then when the President got the well justified bad press from this he blamed John Kelly.

John Kelly would resign a month later.

1 Like

Another anonymous “source”. Probably no source but rather just totally made up.