Did Oscars and Woke crowd just got canceled?

New movies saw in 2020 was about 5 for me.

Allan

Because of mindless tribalism. It’s “us” vs. “them” based on a weird and often contradictory definition of “us” and “them”. Someone thinks something is liberal so it’s evil. And anything bad that happens to it is to be celebrated. Even if it has nothing to do with anything. It’s got to be the saddest way to live life. And it’s half this forum. My favorite example was the cheering and celebration when Chicago didn’t get the Olympics when Obama was president. Cause…reasons?

1 Like

…and yet, even since everything is up…or so you believe, the award ceremony celebrating that is way down. Yep…makes perfect sense. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

When one is weak, they prefer to point fingers at others for the problems in their life, than to confront the man in the mirror and the evidence of this truth is all around us.

1 Like

Do you think cons ever have this problem?

Or perhaps because nominations were based on the basis of a diversity quota …

2 Likes

Entertainment reporter Sam Rubin on So Cal KTLA said this AM the Oscar ratings were down 58% or something like that. And he is a huge apologist for leftist ninny-nanny stuff

That’s not scheduled until 2024

Sure. :smirk:

My theater never re-opened after the initial shutdown. There are many others. Millions of everyday folks are just not giving a rats ass about movies right now. They didn’t even get to see any movies in the last year, why would they give a ■■■■ about awards?

Right now it’s easier than ever to watch a new release in your living room.

White men just can’t catch a break. It’s rough.

2 Likes

And streaming in general is way up, more competition than ever. I expect Hollywoods extra wokeness is a factor, but not 58% in one year.

1 Like

And libs half of this forum are perfect…and they don’t celebrate Conservative half misfortunes.

And you’re lecturing us about tribalism? Too funny.

3 Likes

Something about elitist scum that are paid ridiculous money in a fantasy make believe industry preaching to the unwashed masses?
Uhh no thanks.

3 Likes

Some people do some people don’t. Some people make their dogs dying a political thing.

Either way Oscars lost lot of money for lecturing us about libism.

2 Likes

It’s a bit sad but theaters probably will be a thing of the past, since they started shooting them directly to home. That was one of the allures to seeing a good movie you would have to wait at least three to six months or more before the blu ray. If that goes completely away in the future I doubt many theaters will be able to pay the rent of those mega complexes and that’s before the covid issue is factored in.

1 Like

Drive in theaters are making a comeback.

2 Likes

Me and my wife went to the movies for the first time in over a year on Saturday.

We saw Mortal Kombat, which had issues but was still enjoyable. I definitely enjoyed it more than I would have watching it at home.

I think there’s still demand for movie theaters - at least in bigger markets.