Did Oscars and Woke crowd just got canceled?

Of course it makes sense, network TV viewership has been trending downward every year since the advent of streaming services. Award shows have been following this trend, it used to be an event in of itself a brake outside the regularly scheduled programming. People had less time and less access to watch what they wanted to and an “Oscar” would carry weight, now folks can pretty much watch what they want when they want it.

I do not have cable and I was not even aware that the Oscars were even going on…but if you want to believe that viewership of one particular award show is down because of “wokeness” then lets see it.

A couple of factors:

• This isn’t new - awards show ratings have been tanking for years, and wealthy, self-righteous celebs lecturing absolutely played a role.
  • Films were mostly non-existent in 2020, so there weren’t a lot of movies to generate
    interest.
  • The best dramatic content is on television these days, and studios prefer sinking cash into action movie tentpoles that sell to an international audience. The days of “prestige” filmmaking are no more.

If Denis Villeneuve can’t crack a “Dune” movie, it truly is unadaptable.

1 Like

Down 58 percent from last year die to insults on American people.

What more proof do you want…58 percent. Well over half.

The problem is that your attributing a feeling to a drop in numbers

When in 2020 theaters were closed, streaming is booming, network TV is dying and Covid accelerated the growth of streaming platforms.

1 Like

But it’s a strong feeling.

2 Likes

Or maybe…just maybe you’re unable to accept the lost.

Actually I want libs to continue like nothing is happening.

Maybe…

But you got nothing other then a feeling so I know I’m good

Look if viewership being down and in your mind it’s because of wokeness makes you feel better then please do not let me get in the way of your “win” :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I have the numbers…and numbers don’t lie.

Down 58 percent from last year.

They don’t lie. But it was a disaster last year too - it’s been declining for years.

You def have the numbers, if you want to attache your feelings to that go right ahead

1 Like

6 mill last year…this year 13.75 mill.

20 percent last year…this year 58 percent.

Do the math.

No feelings…fact.

Llibs feeling that won’t allow them to accept the truth.

I’m going on record that if the nba ratings are down for the upcoming playoffs it is because Kawhi Leonard demanded Paul George come to the Clippers. I don’t trust him no matter how many 30 point games he has in the regular season. It is not because Lebron James deleted a tweet. It is not because of black lives matter.

And that’s a fact.

1 Like

58% drop is a fact…everything else is a feeling

Question, in your head how much of that 58% is because of “wokeness”? 100% 50%?

They didn’t lose anything. They are paid a fee by the network. The advertisers pay the network.
It’s the advertisers who get to determine if their money was well spent.

3 Likes

Political speeches at the Oscars aren’t new.

Hope your right I liked the books

1 Like

And they call libs snowflakes :rofl:

1 Like

CEC is that you?