Devin Nunes files suit against Twitter and "Devin Nunes Mom"

This story has many idiotic angles.

This is one of them. Because you know one way to stop people from insulting you on Twitter?

Whine about people insulting you on Twitter and call attention to it. That always works.

These people aren’t snowflakes. Snowflakes have more resistance and structural integrity.

3 Likes

Damn…what have I been missing? Please identify all of these right wing media institutions you speak of?

I guess this is the day the right wants to pretend conservative media doesn’t exist. Tomorrow they will be claiming they have the highest ratings.

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

Why don’t you post your browser history from the last hour. That should suffice.

8 Likes

The case against Twitter definitely gets dismissed under Sec. 230 of the Communications Decency Act, which makes Twitter immune from suit for defamation. The question of the posters must be the topic of an analysis by the Court of whether the statements are satire, opinion or capable of defamatory meaning. It seems like they are either straight commentary on news stories or satirical commentary. If that is the case, then you don’t even get to the question of truth. As a public figure, even if the statements are false, he would have to prove that the posters knew they were false. I suspect this doesn’t go anywhere.

2 Likes

Great…then you’ll know all of the auctions I attend on EST time that allows me to buy vehicles from sellers who don’t know what they have…until the rest of the world wakes up and then…it’s too late. I own em. :sunglasses:

Alrighty then…time to go stimulate the American economy. Have a super, duper, Trump double scooper day.

If this means giving up the right wing internet alternative universe, I support you 100%.

You’re seriously asking this question?

Remember now…everyone gets a participation trophy. It’s only fair.

1 Like

And it should apply to taxi drivers who pick up people with pets or alcohol too.

The bakers were sued for defamation?

You really dont understand the issue here…

Yeah…I know…it’s different.

There seems to be zero critical thought behind many of the analogs put forth beyond, “something I don’t like happened to someone I like so I’ll throw that out. That’ll learn ‘em.”

1 Like

Why don’t you take a gander at the URL currently active in your browser? Pay particular attention to what is found between “community.” and “.com”.

2 Likes

I guess we can scratch Judge Janine Pirro from that short list…

Is this meant to be sarcasm? You do realize where you just posted this, don’t you? :flushed:

Amazing that FOX and a handful of their opinion personalities can balance a global media left leaning tilt.

Why Tucker Carlson alone balances out the BBC and A Jazzera International.

Seriously…

:whale:

You do realize @Smyrna thought he was setting an elaborate trap, don’t you?

1 Like

Wait. Maybe you’re on to something here actually. We have millions of Americans who are no longer tethered to objective reality because of their allowance of the CEC thinking for them and using propaganda to drive their emotions, which in turn drives their actions.