Dems to request Trump tax Returns

Good we’ve got that problem out of the way.

The Dems did it to themselves back when Romney ran. He releases his tax returns only to have the Dems pick through it showing his effective tax rate being lower than most. They used it against him and planned to do the same against Trump. When Trump doesn’t release them it seemed to have angered the Dems! Really? Trump can do and say some pretty dumb things, but this wasn’t one of them.

1 Like

The sub prime loan market that crashed the economy was driven primarily by the private sector due to deregulation and other factors.

No bank was ever compelled to give a risky applicant a loan.

Yes, and Reid just blatantly lied about Romney’s taxes, and the media helped him, so they don’t even need the real tax returns, they can just lie and chant as usual…lol!..

God, got even with Harry. Giving Trump record numbers of appointed judges…His legacy will last decades…

You say tomato, I say tomatto. What crashed was the banks giving loans to people that didnt qualify. Why did they do that? Pressure from regulators. The very regulators that came down on them when it all went south.

This isn’t even a little bit true. You should read up on what happened.

I think you’d have a fair argument if Trump just flat out said that he would not release them no matter what. Especially if he pointed to your point here about Romney. But he did not do that. He made excuses and floated timelines and strung the issue along. And now, it has served to make it apparent it is because he is hiding something way more damaging in his opinion than having a lower effective tax rate than one would assume.

But the issue is likely irrelevant at this point, as the Democrats will pursue this issue and they will get their hands on them through their position of power. And no amount of feet stomping and whining will stop them. Whether you agree with this or not does not matter now.

Nope.

The loans were made because there was a private market for that debt and they had some math called a Guaddoan Cupola Formula that convinced them that they were oh so smart and that they could eliminate risk.

The crises occurred because of deregulation of the private market. There were other factors like artificially low interest rates and such… but the shorthand answer leads anyone who has actually taken the time to understand that abysmal failure that it was primarily driven by financial greed in the private sector and nobody cared as long as everyone was making money.

3 Likes

crazy. just a few posts back prior to this, you commented “horrendous” in response to Trump’s childish tweet about warning House Dems who might consider opening investigations.

And then you post this, seemingly promoting precisely the same behavior you had derided only moments prior.

And then you wonder why other posters laugh when you claim you don’t support Trump…

2 Likes

Yeah. You should read what actually happened and not get stuck on conservative talking points from 2009.

The congressional report on it lays it all out pretty well.

LOL, does ANYONE still believe that?

Hey, remember this?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/house-republicans-are-already-preparing-for-years-of-investigations-of-clinton/2016/10/26/e153a714-9ac3-11e6-9980-50913d68eacb_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.afe44155b844

Jason Chaffetz, the Utah congressman wrapping up his first term atop the powerful House Oversight Committee, unendorsed Donald Trump weeks ago. That freed him up to prepare for something else: spending years, come January, probing the record of a President Hillary Clinton.

“It’s a target-rich environment,” the Republican said in an interview in Salt Lake City’s suburbs. “Even before we get to Day One, we’ve got two years’ worth of material already lined up. She has four years of history at the State Department, and it ain’t good.

No personal slight intended to any of our fine guests, but ■■■■ these ■■■■■■■■■

3 Likes

Do I need to explain the difference between the two? In his tweet he threatened to investigate leaks that damaged national security, something that should be investigated whether they piss him off or not, not used as a threat. Pulling their tax returns would just be doing what they are, which every liberal in this thread assures me isn’t an abuse of office if done by Democrats.

If you keep slam dunking on the other team, they’re going to flagrant foul you.

Why did presidents, up till Trump, release their tax returns?

They don’t care.

Yes…I am supposed to believe the very regulators that did the pressuring when they tell me they did nothing wrong? Does that about sum it up?

How about when Lois Lerner told me she did did nothing wrong? Did you believe her too?

How about when Holder labeled Fox News James Rosen a criminal co-conspirator. Did you believe that he did nothing wrong too?

How about Congressman Jefferson who had 90,000 in his freezer. He said he did nothing wrong. Did you believe him too?

When republican Scott Taylor tried to get a Black person on the ballot to split the vote for his re-election, he said he did nothing wrong. Did you believe him too?

How about when Nixon said he wasnt a crook?

1 Like