Dems to request Trump tax Returns

The ways and means committee will be submitting a request for the President tax returns before they officially win the House.

Slow down Francis

Not a good look. Comes across as immature. Don’t like it.

2 Likes

Brilliant move. There are too many questions the American people deserve answers to. The GOP was complicit in protecting a criminal. Time for the adults to take over.

2 Likes

You do t want oversite into your government?

No problem with that. I just think it’s bad PR as a party to announce this before the night is even over. It screams “we have no interest in governing outside of investigating trump.” It’s not what a mature, strategic political party does.

No, Trump has operated in a way that says “I can do what I want because Republicans will protect me.” Dems put him on notice immediately that that dog no longer hunts.

1 Like

I have no problem with this. What is he hiding with his tax returns?

1 Like

If he’s done nothing wrong, then fat fonald has nothing to worry about.

1 Like

Cannot wait for that traitorous scumbag Nunes to be completely marginalized.

3 Likes

Again, I’m not saying the request for the returns is pointless or wrong, at all.

I’m saying it’s impulsive and, frankly, Trumpian to make your very first announcement as a party who has not controlled a branch of government in 2 years: “We’re going to get Trump’s Tax Returns.” They will, after all, presumably have to legislate, too, you know?

I guess the Republicans should have thought about that before they lost the House.

2 Likes

Him not showing the returns… gets worse from here.

They can request, but they don’t have the authority to demand.

This is stupid. Who the hell cares how much money President Trump makes (or doesn’t)? Yes, yet another waste of our taxpayers money hunting down the evil-doers…those people who create businesses, create jobs, and make America great. I don’t get why anyone needs to see anyone’s tax returns. How much money someone does (or does not) earn, is not indicative of how well they will govern.

Hell, all I’m saying is like give it a freakin’ week or so.

It’s not about how much money he has.

1 Like

Well that ought to make Donald happy.

Then what is it about, if it’s not about how much money he has? Why does anyone outside of his lawyers, accountants, and the IRS need to see anything? The politicization and weaponizing of someone’s personal information against them is just plain wrong. If Trump broke tax laws in some way, then the IRS will handle the audit and Trump will pay the fines. That’s the way our system works. If we start messing with personal info in this manner too, then the system as we know it is done.

Didn’t take long for libs to weaponized their new found positions.

Told you all.

3 Likes

If Trump has been bailed out by Russian banks at suspicious terms it should be make public.