Democrats on House panel sue for Trump tax returns

Trump is whatever he needs to be whenever he needs to be. He’s like Gumby but without the charm.

3 Likes

Cut that out. Quoting’s not fair. Ask the Prez.

Yeah. Only non career politicians created a presidential exploratory committee in 1999 and had been thinking of running for president since 1988. Or tried to win the Reform party nomination in 2000. And involved himself in the campaign of 2012 by leading the birther movement. Yeah. Not a career politician.

4 Likes

Today, Trump is the quintessential politician. Washington will do that to a person. But he isn’t a career politician by any stretch of the imagination. He is a business man.

Trump is a business man. Fixing to be thinking about running for office, doesn’t make someone a career politician.

So sounds like what you are saying is that instead of draining the swamp, he became the swamp. Probably agree on that mostly.

Your last point is just that he just has less experience with it than others because he wasn’t in that sector till recently. Also agree.

He was running for president 20 years ago. He had a campaign. He withdrew from the race. He was running for president before Hillary Clinton. Who is the career politician?

1 Like

Simply not worth the effort. :roll_eyes:

Donald Trump was running for president twenty years ago. That is a fact(an actual fact).

1 Like

Uh huh…its fun watching you try to grasp with this. Not once did you make a peep when the gop requested returns…now…outrage!

They made their case in court and the judge agrees with them…

Obama uttered 18 demonstrable lies (with repeats excluded) during his 8 years in office.

In Trump’s first ten months, using the same standards, he told 103.

I don’t think there is any comparison.

2 Likes

100% correct.

https://danratherjournalist.org/interviewer/american-presidents/donald-trump/video-1999-trump-interview

Oprah would be my VP choice -fat donald

They dont have to

A career politician is someone who has no life outside of politics. That doesn’t remotely describe Trump. :roll_eyes:

We are done.

So if they are looking to see if they need to change law on tax loopholes, they can determin that from a SINGLE tax return?

WOW.

You really think that?

Wow. That’s not even close to being a factual statement. That’s your opinion of what a career politician is. And yet you claim to be so into facts. But show me anyone you think is a career politician and I’ll show you they have a life outside of politics. Family life alone blows that out of the water. What a weird definition to use.

1 Like

The law doesn’t require them to ask for one or hundreds…

Considering the law was created in the wake of the Teapot Dome scandal, it would appear that the intent was to grant these committees with the necessary to prevent a similar situation in the future.

Aside from that, the DOJ will have to argue the meanings of the words shall and furnish. Based on recent arguments DOJ lawyers have had to make in other cases, I don’t expect them to mount a serious argument.

1 Like

There was a change between then and now. The any tax return for any reason. That wasn’t in the original bill. It is now. I think that would be found unconstitutional (search and seizure, secure in your papers)

Where does it say in the constitution anything about in the president’s term? Why did you guys care about reverend Wright? Or Hillary’s stocks?