Democrats Creating Artificial Shortages that will Lead to Recession

I never mentioned Marxism. Funny you did…

Was I responding to you there?

Look at the thread again and get back to me.

There wouldn’t be so much inflation if the democrats wasn’t in charge, but that’s another thread.

1 Like

Weird, I seem to remember at least two recessions while Republicans were in charge.

1 Like

What is the value of all the goods stuck out at sea on those ships?

What is preventing those goods from being offloaded and delivered to consumers?

1 Like

Yeah? Weird, nobody mentioned Marxism in the thread till you did…

Democrat policies, creating artificial shortages. They need to do something about this problem. They are not doing ANYTHING. They are in charge. Solve the problem!

1 Like

Other than the unemployment that ran out last month… which policies

Which specific policy is creating this situation?

1 Like

Again: “Democrat policies, creating artificial shortages. They need to do something about this problem. They are not doing ANYTHING. They are in charge. Solve the problem!”

Wrong.

Look again.

“Deep State interference and Crony Capitalism”

I can make up stuff too.

1 Like

Right… there has been one named… which was the unemployment extension. That ran out last month.

Before that ran out… the month of August saw 5.2% unemployment which is getting into the area of routine labor churn.

What other polices are effecting the job market?

Wrong…try again.

What is blocking those goods from being offloaded and delivered?

And now you are suddenly looking to government for help?

1 Like

No one is denying the situation is a mess, but quit trying to pin it on democratic policies. That is not the issue and they don’t have the power to fix it. They can’t make people go to work. Only businesses have the power to fix it by raising wages to draw people back to work.

2 Likes

Many are retiring early because with the pandemic they realized they’d rather spend time with their own families rather than making others wealthy.

Many who are leaving the job market who aren’t retiring have started their own businesses.

Then there are those who are just leaving their current jobs for better opportunities.

“As the pandemic clouds lift, the percentage of Americans leaving employers for new opportunities is at its highest level in more than two decades”

1 Like

Covering the costs for child care alone would probably draw a lot of people back.

2 Likes

Looming labor shortage? More like record breaking low unemployment! :roll_eyes:

We don’t count the people who stopped looking for a job because they weren’t getting hired and their unemployment ran out while they were looking either.

While 72% of survey respondents said they had collected unemployment and/or at least one stimulus relief payment, only 13% said they had postponed their job search because of the support. Of those actively searching for work, 48% reported that they are frustrated with their job search because they are not finding the right jobs to apply to.

Job seekers are also frustrated because:

Employers are unresponsive (42%)
There aren’t enough openings in their preferred profession (41%)
They have applied but are not selected for an interview (34%)
There were no opportunities worth pursuing in the last month (15%)

1 Like

They are the same thing.

The problem is that pre-pandemic there was still slow wage growth in a tightening job market.

Post pandemic people don’t want to go back to crap jobs for that money.

2 Likes