Democrats Creating Artificial Shortages that will Lead to Recession

The “cogs” when offered federal and state “Covid relief” unemployment benefits ad infinatum were bright enough to figure that one out. The goobermint maketh thou dependent, now the goobermint gotcha by the short hairs and it only took a bureaucrat to call you “nonessential”.
UNITY
LOL
Suckers

2 Likes

The Covid unemployment relief ran out at the beginning of September.

The August Unemployment rate was 5.2%.

It was shutdown, or more deaths. Shut down was the right decision.

People got a new perspective on life. Fewer people want to spend most of their life on the grind. I think that’s a good thing.

As for the ports. There is one solution for the labor shortage. Though Conservatives may not like it. Foreign labor, and an increase to temporary work visas.

1 Like

There are still more deaths. It didn’t do anything. The vaccine made the difference in the numbers.

You © were told this would happen.

I don’t disagree. Unfortunately for them, the grind is necessary to eat.

Oh yeah, let’s do that. And what will happen after the ships are unloaded?

There isn’t a “labor shortage”. There’s a “need to work shortage”.

This is precisely what happens when you pay people to not work.

2 Likes

I’d like to know exactly what were are short of. What’s on those ships.

If it’s milk and diapers, it’s a problem.

If it’s cell phones and refrigerators, they can wait.

1 Like

I don’t believe this is true. There are more companies hiring than there are people collecting unemployment.

I think families are getting by on less. Heck, because of the pandemic and working from home, I added $600 a month to my savings. Cut a few subscription services and cook at home more and it’s easy to do.

1 Like

A lot of people are being screened out of being hired by the systems the employers who are griping about not finding people implemented to screen candidates too.

Can’t hire someone if their resume is never seen by a person before it gets tossed by a computer.

1 Like

You just agreed with me.

1 Like

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/cargo-delays-are-getting-worse-but-california-ports-still-rest-on-weekends-11632648602

This is more on what happens when demand increases, and labor can’t keep pace.

A 30% increase in shipping, but and only an 8% increase in trucking.

There just isn’t enough people along the supply line to keep pace.

It isnt a need to work shortage, it’s a shortage on people who want to do this kind of work. The supply line industry has been complaining about a labor shortage for decades now.

I believe that.

Sorry, misunderstood what you were saying. :wink:

“Need to work” - the reasons can vary.

Part of it is automatic screening due to “nice to haves” being listed as requirements and automatic screening due to gaps in employment. Like being out of work due to a pandemic or having to take time off to care for relatives.

The kicker on the second part of that is the longer the gap is, the more likely they’ll never get an interview. If a person if out of work for more than six months, they’re being automatically removed from consideration. It doesn’t matter what the reason is.

I don’t know that I buy the 50+ part though as I’ve never put my age on my resume and it’s illegal for an employer to ask for hiring purposes.

1 Like

Agreed.

You are correct that it’s illegal for an employer to ask for age as part of the hiring process and to consider age, there are ways though…

For example let’s say on my resume I say:

• I did a 20 year Navy career.
  • Worked full time for 5 years in private industry as a technical trainer
  • and list my current job as 2001 to present

What age group am I in?

WW

2 Likes

You were born in 1958… if I mathed correctly. This is assuming you went into the navy at 18.

Another way you can tell someone’s age from a resume is when they got their degree.

I guess you’re right. A computer could add those up and screen you based off of that. Still isn’t legal, but how do you prove it if they never call you back?

Good point. I would say likely a mix of both.

Are we importing milk? If so why?

That would be madness so we probably are in a powder form.

1 Like