Democrats Creating Artificial Shortages that will Lead to Recession

Turn them loose in the ports.

One move is to engage other ports. Transfer cargo to smaller vessels that can use other offloading sites. I am sure there are many options if the problem is made a priority.

Sitting and waiting isn’t an option.

They know how to deliver the goods they have been doing it forever. It doesn’t matter if no one is answering your for hire signs.

Actually it is more meaningful and informative and shows the futility of the mandates and closures over time.

No edit…full impact.

Why are they not answering “for hire” signs?

2 Likes

If they knew…there would not be a backlog and a shrug to just wait.

This is where motivated operators shine.

That’s the million dollar question. Pay being the #1 factor. You make the jobs worth the work and people will come do it.

The “cogs” figured out they were getting screwed. :wink:

It was worth it two years ago.

2 Likes

How?

When you are on the hamster wheel you don’t have much time to look around. The last 18 months changed that.

So the shut down. Got it.

2 Likes

How so? California has like 18 million more people in the state than Florida. The majority of their deaths happened over the winter before the vaccines were widely available and to point to Florida where they have basically the same amount of death with a smaller population that had it’s major death count months after there were vaccines as somehow a more successful policy is just bonkers.

I think so and I’m not convinced this is a bad thing. A member if the family staying home to raise the kids and take care of stuff is where we went of the rails IMHO.

Wages stagnated because there was a surplus of labor. You take that away and business have to fight for labor again.

Inflation because of refusal to work isn’t a bad thing?

I don’t disagree about the woman staying home with the kids, but are they thinking they are going to demand the same income as when both were working?

Some adjustments are going to have to be made on expectations.

3 Likes

Psst…Check the thread title.

I know what the thread title is.

Not sure what the point of of your argument is though.

There are signs inflation is slowing down. The August percentage was under expectations.

Adjustments are going to be made by employees and employers.

Especially in exchange for citizenship and voting rights. Oopsie, did I really say that? :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I don’t think that’s true at all.

Agreed. Mostly employees.

It will be interesting to see what cutting unemployment in September does. My guess is they were hoping to ride it through the end of the year.