Democrats Creating Artificial Shortages that will Lead to Recession

Milk, unlikely. But we do import various dairy perishables and others like fruit, that the congestion is impacting.

Its so much larger then “milk and diapers” we do not exist in a bubble

Its comical watching folks trying to boil down the economic web that is our world into a “black and white” answer…it may work for political culture war but not in the world of commerce

Wood products are wild hard to find and expensive right now.

It’s because of just in time delivery, period. Turns out having inventory is ■■■■■■■ important.

1 Like

I’m not an economist and I admit i don’t know much about it.

But to me, it feels like the pandemic exposed some very rickety foundations the global economy is built on. The worth of the laborer.

IMO, some good things may come out of this. Perhaps there will be some internal reforms in corporations to keep more easily available stock on hand. Maybe wages for underpaid industries (retail, service, transport) will rise permanently.

I don’t see it as a horrible thing, as long as some needed changes are made.

4 Likes

We always enter new cycles in which commerce changes events like Covid sped up the process.

Eventually the dust will settle and will return to some sort of “normal” but it won’t ever be the same.

That chart shows a strong correlation of blue states having lower death rates. 16 of the 25 worst states are red states (and even though they are anti-mask states I put GA and AZ in the blue state category since they went for Biden). 15 of the 25 best states are blue states.

Also, I know that age-adjusting is supposed to imply that FL has a higher per capita death rate because it has so many older people, but if you look at death rates by age, FL and CA have similar death rates with people 65+. FL has higher death rates in the younger ages. That is what you would expect with an unvaccinated, unmasked population.

I already said.

No…you really didn’t other than blame libs. Back it up. What should we be doing?

Re-read the OP.

I did and every post in the thread. You have yet to back up your claim of what democrats “should” be doing.

It’s your OP…back it up or surrender.

What is it that the left is doing to fix things?

Read the thread…goverment can’t make people go to work. Wages are going to have to draw them back.

No your side is in charge and has all the answers. What’s your solution? We have already heard all your excuses.

2 Likes

Sigh…I gave you the answer you just don’t want to hear it because leftist LIBZ!

All I have seen you do is make excuses.

2 Likes

All that smart stuff.

Enjoy!

Exactly!

You still have provided the policy that democrats introduced that cause the port backup.

It’s been days… anything yet

1 Like

More trying to change the subject about the leftist being failures and not fixing the economy. Time for you leftist to step up and fix things. All we get are leftist excuses and hand waving to try and change the subject.

2 Likes