Democrat battle cry: Pack that court! Pack the Senate too!

I really don’t see the Dems winning the White House. I think normal people from both parties think the violence that’s been going on is repulsive. Too far left for most families. IMO

2 Likes

Yes…Thomas is 72? with 28 years seating on the bench.

If he cares about his legacy at some point he should consider retiring at time of his choosing.

For me…I would love to know that my legacy is handed off to right person.

I see this as the most pivotal moment in the election. This may be the momentum trump needs to get a second term. Also senate seats up for grab may be retained.

Say as you will Anthony Kennedy went out on his terms.

We need to hold 50 seats…2022 election will be more favorable for republicans.

We missed golden opportunity to pick up couple more seats in 2018…that’s coming back to haunt us.

1 Like

Not sure how they’re going to make Puerto Rico a state we have been over this before, as has politicians. It has to be proven that it will improve the United States I don’t see how anybody can make that argument with a failed state. I could understand if one were talking about let’s say adding Luxembourg as the 51st state.

Not technically illegal?

By what metric are you judging her selfish?

Well then i agree. President trump should select not just a replacement for RBG but also put three additional constructionist judges to SCOTUS. Beat the short sighted morons to the punch. LOL. “We’ll just pack the court and expand it.” duuuur duuur duuuur heeee!

1 Like

I’m old enough to remember in Oct 2018, when republicans warned democrats that Americans would punish them in a month for the way they treated Brent Kavanaugh. Good times.

1 Like

:wink:

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg said “my most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed,” her granddaughter told POLITICO Friday.

This was the wish of a dying woman. Your thoughts?

Well her granddaughter said that ginsburg said it. Who really knows that to be true or not

1 Like

of course… :joy:

1 Like

We can only go by what a selfish old woman wanted.

1 Like

Valid point, although I doubt that Ginsberg’s motivations were selfish.

In 2014 she was 81 and had survived multiple bouts of cancer. Logically she should have retired then in retrospect based on her own health and wellbeing.

I suspect that she was hoping Democrats would regain control of the Senate to make confirmation of an extreme liberal easier.

The SC is not going to be increased, nor are they going to install term or age limits.

I give the SC judges far more credit than most people do. Just because a President nominates them, they are not beholden to that President to do their bidding.

Of course their view of the world and how they think politically impacts how they interpret the constitution but I strongly believe they all take their positions seriously and do not concern them with what the president or the public want.

I dont always agree with their decisions but I accept them. Unlike many on this forum who scream foul or legislating from the bench when a decision does not go their way.

2 Likes

Of course I can see her thinking that.

Very much so. The democrats have turned too far to the left. Their agenda for America is dangerous.

What is their agenda?