Democrat battle cry: Pack that court! Pack the Senate too!

pack the court, pack the senate …

all that packing reminds me of black powder rifles

Excellent post. Most SCOTUS nominees get nominated because they ruled responsibly as judges for many years. No matter who replaces RBG, her replacement will not crap on the Constitution to allow President Trump to illegally defeat a winning Joe Bidden election. Even the politically motivated Senate will not confirm a crackpot if nominated.

I’ll need to see who gets nominated before I work myself into a slather.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, the difference will be those just reaching the age where they can vote. Their vote will be harvested and it will likely be the deciding factor IMHO. All those years of indoctrination and brainwashing are going to pay off in a big way.

1 Like

After being encouraged by President Trump to move on.

Democrats and their followers sure do make a lot of threats when things aren’t going their way. :thinking:

3 Likes

Reminds me of a pack of hyenas.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t pack SCOTUS because I want to see how the righties react when Gorsuch votes with Roberts to keep Roe v Wade from being overturned.

I was against stacking the court, but if Republicans push thru a nomination in close to record time with less then 45 days until the election all bets are off.

And when you bitch and whine about it next year, I will repeat these exact words. “Conservatives gambled and lost. You knew your chances”

Make no mistake, by doing this Republicans are opening up Pandora box. And if you lose the election you will lose.

Republicans are short thinking. Don’t confirm and lose a election, you still have a 5-4 majority. Don’t confirm and win the election, you have a 6-3 majority.
Confirm and lose, you will end up with a 7-6 minority.

Republicans are being dumb if they push this thru

1 Like

Can’t count on Roberts or even Gorsuch.

Democrats are in serious trouble regarding the Supreme Court justices…and that’s a good thing. :sunglasses:

1 Like

If they truly want to go to war then let them face down tanks in the streets right? :thinking:

See if they are serious? :thinking:

They sure do.

2 Likes

How did Blumenthal feel about the Garland nomination? Was it a reckless and reprehensible nomination?

Blumenthal then:

“Chief Judge Merrick Garland is preeminently qualified for consideration – clearly meriting a hearing and vote. In his Rose Garden announcement – an inspiring occasion – President Obama cogently and convincingly stated Judge Garland’s credentials. Now the Senate must do its job. There should be no rubber stamp for any nominee. I have known Judge Garland personally for many years, and I intend to review closely his qualifications, past opinions and judicial record. Merrick Garland has been an extraordinary judge, prosecutor and public servant, and indisputably President Obama has taken seriously his constitutional responsibility.

“Now that the President has done his job, Senate Republicans must do theirs. If they deny Judge Garland meetings, hearings, consideration, and a vote, they will engage in obstructionism unprecedented in American history. We should strive to insulate the Court from partisan politics, not pollute the judiciary with the same partisan gridlock and bickering that infect Congress. The Republican leadership should do the right thing, fully consider Judge Garland’s nomination and spare the Court and the country the significant, unnecessary damage their obstructionism would ca use."

Blumenthal now:

Richard Blumenthal (SenBlumenthal)

If Republicans recklessly & reprehensibly force a SCOTUS vote before the election—nothing is off the table.

You can’t get your way so you promote retaliation.

It is Trump’s job to nominate Justice. It is the Senate’s job to confirm one. It is not to the benefit of any American for the President or the Senate to cave to petulance and threats.

You’ve been shown that when the Senate majority is the opposite party from the President in an election year the nomination/confirmation process is held until after the elections.

Even if it weren’t, based on the way the democrats have conducted themselves no republican member of the Senate or the President show any courtesies or compromises with them.

Nobody should be blaming the gop for this

Nobody is stacking the court. This is more election year fear mongering

It’s not the senates job to confirm one. That’s the whole argument against garland.

All this talk of civil war sounds kooky to me, but I hear it mostly from the Trump side. Yet when Antifa surrounds an armed Trump home the cops arrest and charge the armed Trump homeowner without a shot fired.

Its not Democrats that always cry about an immenent civil war

3 Likes

Do you have a video of her saying it? Or a tape? If not it’s just politically fabricated lies.