Defund the defunders!

Shoes, certain clothing, the list is endless.

A lot of white kids who steal come from upper middle class families. Never needed anything they didn’t have.

1 Like

Really? You don’t think anyone’s ever assaulted a person to take their money/belongings?

Im not saying poverty is the singular cause of crime. What I’m saying is that theres a lot of crime committed by impoverished individuals… again, desperation. The guy that shot his wife and her boyfriend out of a jealous rage? Not poverty, not a broken household, etc. The guys busting up stores and looting ■■■■ right now? Not because of poverty. There’s a long list of crimes committed for reasons well outside of being impoverished. But there’s also a lot of criminal activity that occurs by those in poverty because they don’t see a lot of alternatives.

But some are.

The read looks interesting. I’ll pick it up when I start travelling here again shortly…

Correlation, not causation. The poor actually tend to be more noble.

1 Like

Well aware of your position on global warming. But you seem to be derisive towards any level of research, science, whatever you want to call it. Why?

No, that was likely just some jackass stealing his/her ■■■■■ Did I say all crime is committed our of desperation? I didn’t? Glad I could clear that up for ya…

They see the same alternatives I saw when I was poor, they choose not to pursue them. Because crime is easier in the short term. At least I am going to assume they were taught the same thing for 12 years in public school regarding how you go about getting a good paying job that I was.

Now all of you are acting like someone said all crimes happens because of poverty. I didn’t say that? Did someone else? Because I’m wondering why all you are heading down this same path.

Why does thinking among conservatives/Repubs tend to occur in a binary fashion?

Why do you think I “seem” to be any such thing? I research constantly.

Could it be that perhaps I don’t fear lab coats? Or that I understand what Newton and Descartes have done to the western world?

It is precisely because of reasearch that I hold the views I do. Research and being old.

I don’t disagree with this statement, particularly the second sentence. But it also doesn’t refute that some crime is, in fact, committed out of acts of desperation.

that would be robbery

desperate for what? something they want but don’t have or need. I’m confronted with shoplifters every day, guess what? most are not stealing food for today’s meal. none to my knowledge have been homeless. around 50% are stealing alcohol. make-up/beauty products and tide pods are also big targets. the ones who do steal food generally go after premium steaks and crab legs… hint: they don’t plan on eating them.

Because crime is easier in the short term

That right there. I think that’s why some of these crimes are committed by impoverished individuals. Im not saying it’s right, I’m saying that’s the explanation. If a mom/dad is struggling to feed their family, is their objective met by furthering their education or by stealing from the grocery store? I realize that long-term the former is more advantageous…

Sure it is. There was a link posted a few days ago of a woman who stole a few eggs to feed her children. The cop bought her groceries.

The Good Book tells us what to do in those cases.

Are those the cases under discussion?

Do you believe people are selling drugs, robbing and killing because they don’t have bread and bologna?

I have been to and lived in countries where there were poor people. The kind of poor that has no hope.

They didn’t rob and steal.

Then you look at who’s doing it. Males. Ages 15-30. Are they stealing bread and bologna?

Why do men rebel?

Because I read your posts. lol. I realize you do a lot of research on your own, but with comments like “imagine that” it really seems like the research that you do is all fine and well, but any other research is something to be ridiculed.

I don’t fear science either. Who does and why?

You want out of poverty?

1. Graduate high school
  2. Don’t do crimes
  3. Get a job and keep it
  4. Don’t have children out of wedlock

79% of black Americans do not live in poverty.

2 Likes

And none of that surprises me in the least.

Desperate for providing for their families, for themselves.

Real question though. Why Tide pods? That seems so random…

The difference is agenda. I am not seeking funding.

I also believe in the analysis of competing hypothesis. I admit my confirmation bias. I am not confused by ambition. I have eliminated most of my competing goals.

And I am not in a closed society any longer.

they get high on them

poverty doesn’t make people steal make up and beer. this has nothing to do with desperation, its pure greed and desire.

Why men rebel.

Yes, those are the cases Im referring to. And while I missed that thread, I’ve seen similar stories. But I’ve also seen the flip-side of it, where the cop didn’t buy her groceries, but rather gifted her a nice shiny set of bracelets.

I do believe people sell drugs to buy food… seen that first-hand. Doesn’t mean it’s correct or that they don’t have other choices, and that’s not the level of desperation Im referring to. Rob and kill? Not so much…

Again, I believe the vast majority of poor people are more noble as you said above… and again, from my own first-hand experience.

AS for the last part, don’t know… haven’t read it yet.