Defund the defunders!

i really do not understand this new penchant for wanting federal money to pay for things. last I checked MN had taxing authority and could rebuild and bail out itself.

According to one poll, black people themselves responded that black people are more likely to be racists.

https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2013/07/03/poll-finds-black-americans-more-likely-to-be-seen-as-racist

when the idiots who call my wife a sellout do so, they expose their racism.
when the idiots told our kids to stop acting white because they got decent grades they exposed their racism
when morons see nothing but race in everything they expose their racism
every time some race baiting idiot begins a sentence with “the white man” they expose their racism

1 Like

I agree, I’ve been called the same

My kids WILL experience the same but they are too young now. That is wrong.

This is a little too generic

I don’t generally agree with this. Needs context

Poverty is not the root cause of crime.

So what is?

I think your social and family environment are also big contributing factors, but poverty is absolutely one of the largest contributing factors that lead people to commit criminal activity. What’s your reasoning here?

greed, want, envy, desire, sloth.

most robbers are not homeless, have clothes and food, and likely many amenities they could sell or pawn.

Umm, couple things here. No one specified “robbers”… we’re talking criminal activity. Secondly, I’d love to see some supporting evidence of what you’ve stated above. TIA…

support for what? You think most theft and robbery is committed by homeless people with no food? go with that.

Yeah, a lot of crimes are committed out of acts of desperation. There’s literally an enormous amount research performed over multiple decades studying root causes of crimes, of which poverty seems to be one of the primary factors. You made some blanket statements about “most robbers”, insinuating you know something about them… so how? Where’s the evidence? This just your gut? I think I know… lol

Why are you focused on theft/robbery? Theres other crimes, ya know…

No, it isn’t. The two you mentioned are much, much larger than poverty.

1 Like

Imagine that.

1 Like

i must be a master criminal then. lack of morality and lack of fear of the law and lack of respect for other people is the true root of crime.

because assault and murder have absolutely no connection to poverty.

poverty may contribute to crime, but it is not the cause. If it were. the people committing the most crimes would all be homeless and hungry.

:+1: that’s really what it boils down to, isn’t it?

Study after study links all three of those factors to being more prone to committing criminal activity. Why do you accept two, while discounting that particular one?

Also, why do you have an issue with research? Are you as derisive towards research that goes into ag production or livestock ranching?

and i did not need a deity damned doctorate to figure it out either.

1 Like

Because poor people aren’t criminals.

Try Why Men Rebel by Ted Gurr. Big thinking will be required.

Cow farts causing global warming? You betcha.

1 Like

So robbing someone of their TV set and video game consoles (which happened to a coworker of mine years ago) was done out of desperation?