Defamation Suit Against Fox by Dominion

You would think eventually the dissonance would be too much.

But whenever I think they have had enough of punching themselves in the face, they swing again and cry “libs made me do it”

Maybe with the receipts it will change :man_shrugging:

We even have the reflexive whataboutism coming this to “Russian Hoax”

We actually have receipts regarding the Fox News “stolen election” grift.

All they have is feefees with the “Russian Hoax” :rofl:

1 Like

Their sole issue looks like will be the over evaluation of their damages

Which is a good problem to have

Wild speculation in my part… but I have to imagine Fox has made settlement overtures by now. If only to put the lid on this discovery disclosure.

I wonder what numbers have been floated… and rejected.

Whether this can be pinned on Fox or not, this stop the steal gambit has destroyed dominions brand.

I don’t have a ton of sympathy for them b/c I think they sell junky under secured systems using bribery and influence.

But if was my money getting pinched I’d be suing too.

silly suit. It doesn’t matter whether anyone reported on fraud they did not believe was true. The first amendment does not require the press to believe what they print/say.

what matters is what was said to defame dominion with knowledge that the specific statements about dominion were false.

This is the Motion for Summary Judgment. The fact they they knew it was false is about proving actual malice.

But rest assured, it identifies the specific defamatory statements as well. I think there are twenty or so counts.

Nope. We have 4 years of prime time network coverage of Russian collusion. That really happened. I know you’d like to sweep it under the rug, but too bad.

3 Likes

Fox has discovery. Should be a fun show.

:popcorn:

1 Like

It’s off topic but Fox lied to you about that too.

You should read the report. It wasn’t just about Trump.

5 Likes

What do you think that discovery could show?

The machines are insecure. And badly designed.

As are the majority of our digital world that we are ignoring.

Shining a light on this will play well to the public. That’s why the AZ audit wanted “the routers”, etc… and why cyber-ninja was on the job.

There is not an electronic or digital product in existence that is not riddled with potential to exploit. Particularly if you grant yourself physical acces and perfect ability to execute.

1 Like

If it played well wouldn’t we see a press release by now?

We saw the texts from dominion.

Wrong. It’s about defamation, and msm had 4 years of it. Not a peep from your ilk though…

4 Likes

Their own employees say their machines are shoddy.

2 Likes

Good point, but I’m not sure it’s all come out.

This is a weak point of the election equipment vendors. This is not-so-great stuff sold through local gov procurement process.

It’s quality faults are a story into themselves. And has historically been a left leaning rallying cry.

2 Likes

It’s going to be interesting to see if their employees said that under oath.

But that’s a good point

It’s shoddy stuff. You can take that to the bank.

No “algorithms to swing elections”, just high margin buggy systems that fall down do to incomplete engineering and the inherent nature of modern electronic systems.

1 Like

Oh you have internal MSNBC messages saying they didn’t believe the news they were pushing to its audience? Do tell please

3 Likes

I read the report and accepted the findings.

But this isn’t about the Mueller report or my ilk.

1 Like

Wow! Shocking! A news outlet that believes in free speech had staff with strongly differing opinions on Trump and claims of Dominion massaging the vote counts. Differences of opinion among the parts is not proof that the whole (Fox) knew one side was correct.

The fallacy of composition is an informal fallacy that arises when one infers that something is true of the whole from the fact that it is true of some part of the whole. A trivial example might be: “This tire is made of rubber, therefore the vehicle of which it is a part is also made of rubber.” Wikipedia

Or "Carlson and Hannity strongly disbelieved accusations against Dominion, therefore Fox knew the accusations were false.