Defamation Suit Against Fox by Dominion

The defamation suit by Dominion required Fox to release a ton of their internal emails/texts that show that many of the top brass knew that Trump was lying about the election being stolen but chose to promote the lies anyways.

Really weird stuff from many of the main pundits and Murdoch himself.

The revelations, and their consequences, are stunning. They support a core tenet of Dominion’s argument against Fox News, namely that the network allowed conspiracy theories about the election to air despite knowing, in the words of Fox Corporation chairman Rupert Murdoch, that those theories were “crazy.”

They also demonstrate the gulf between what was said on air by Fox’s top hosts and what they privately believed. While they allowed absurd claims about the election to air to millions of viewers unfettered, and some hosts continue to push those claims today, in private they describe them as insane.

Days after the election, Carlson fumed in texts to his (now former) producer Alex Pfeiffer about the Arizona call. ““We worked really hard to build what we have,” he said. “Those ■■■■■■■ are destroying our credibility. It enrages me.”

“It’s a hard needle to thread, but I really think many on ‘our side’ are being reckless demagogues right now,” Pfeiffer replied.

In response, Carlson conveyed his fear that Trump could “destroy” his hit show if they “play it wrong.”

“Of course they are. We’re not going to follow them,” Carlson said, adding: “What [Trump]’s good at is destroying things. He’s the undisputed world champion of that. He could easily destroy us if we play it wrong.”

On January 6, as the mob of Trump supporters stormed the Capitol, Carlson texted Pfeiffer that Trump is “a demonic force, a destroyer. But he’s not going to destroy us.”

2 Likes

My husband sent me a piece on this yesterday. I honestly thought it was a parody at first!

I wouldn’t look for anything into this. If that’s the way libs want to roll…How many of those in left-wing echo chamber knew great Russian collusion was fake…but ran with it anyway?

9 Likes

Difference is, there is undeniable proof in the case of fox.

So what…

2 Likes

From everybody- from the pundits up through the president of Fox to Murdoch himself.

2 Likes

Lets push a narrative that you have been robbed, that the Democrats have stolen the election, that democracy as a whole in question…even when you know its bull.

:rofl:

You understand we’re talking about a lawsuit, right?

Dominion is gonna make a whole lotta money.

Hopefully Fox and any individuals named in the suit have plenty of money in their bank accounts. They’re going to need it to pay lawyers and / or a possible settlement or judgment, depending on how the courts rule.

No ■■■■ Dick Tracy…

I really hope they don’t settle. I want it all to be public.

3 Likes

…and you don’t understand why “proof” matters in a lawsuit?

In a normal world this would end the grift… but this isn’t a normal world.

5 Likes

And you don’t understand that you’re opening up a can of worms.

1 Like

nefarious reasons

:rofl:

Defamation isn’t some new thing. The case law is pretty well established.

What “can of worms” do you imagine I’m opening?

Everything the right accuses the left of they are guilty of themselves. Twice as much. Or three times. Or however many times more than someone on the right would say of the left. 101 times.

5 Likes

No kidding. People and companies have been suing people and other companies for defamation as long as I’ve been alive. This is just another case in the court system.

I do kind of hope no settlement is reached pre-trial though. I’d love to read the court transcripts on this if it goes to court.

Me too.

I have a feeling that Dominion will take this all the way - they pretty much have to, to remain a company. Money won’t keep them in business, they need FOX to either admit fault, or be found liable in court.

There’s even a chance they’ll win SJ - which is pretty shocking for a plaintiff in a defamation case.

1 Like