CPAC Chairman: Romney wouldn't be safe if he attended

Weeks.

I checked and all I could find was 2 years old and was WRT the FISA abuse where Schiff was wrong.

:tv:

Utah is a little different. Part of the reason he got elected was to stick up to trump. I think hell be just fine

I know.

Tough guys rarely brag about how tough they are on the Internet.

They donā€™t have to.

2 Likes

IDK. Maybe some republicans still value integrity and standing up for oneā€™s principles.

Wait, no? They donā€™t? Oh ok. Sorry.

Iā€™ll see myself out.

3 Likes

Is it an open carry venue?

So you disagree with the CPAC Chairman?

If this is an example of your level of discernmentā€¦it isnā€™t very good?

You confuse stating facts with bragging.

As he should. Cuz we are eeeevil. :japanese_goblin: Remember nothing is more effective than attacking the voter. :laughing:

Nah, if you refer to yourself as a tough guy and it isnā€™t true than youā€™re just a keyboard warrior. However, if you have to tell people you are a tough guy and it is true, well that would be the definition of bragging!

1 Like

Well I guess Mitt is one of those Deepstate traitors for voting with the sick party that allowed disgusting Schiff to read his made up conversation of Trumps phone call.

These people are stupid at a biblical level!

It is this kind of Rhetoricā€¦schlapps not yoursā€¦that causes all of this politically related violence and threatening rhetoric.

A man is not safe at his own conservative convention. This kind of violent political rhetoric needs to stop on all sides. Iā€™m fed up with it.

CPAC chairā€¦might just as well invite people to take a swing at Romney. Or worse.

No Iā€™m not but thanks for playing.

Iā€™m not sure why Schlapp canā€™t vouch for the safety of candidates. Thatā€™s disturbing.

Incredibly stupid thing for the CPAC Chairman to say.

He could have just said the truth, which is ā€œWe are incredibly butt hurt that you voted guilty on one of the Articles of Impeachment, so we are having a meltdown temper tantrum and you canā€™t come to our meeting.ā€

Instead of the truth, above, he instead takes what amounts to a giant dump on the entire conservative community.

He implies that conservatives are so incredibly unhinged that Romney faces injury or assassination by an unhinged conservative lunatic if he shows up at CPAC.

I donā€™t think Romney actually would face a credible threat of violence were he to show up, but the Chairman essentially **** upon himself and upon CPAC by essentially saying that is the case.

The Chairman should immediately resign and retire from political life for saying something so incredibly ******* stupid and ******* his own political movement in the process.

7 Likes

The difference is, in my case it is demonstrably true. It is an objective statement of fact.

Yup. I live in Utah and there are plenty of folks here who voted Mitt into office when Hatch retired that are furious with him for voting against Trump in the impeachment trial.
I think itā€™ll be interesting to see what happens when heā€™s up for reelection in 2024. Will people remember the feeling of betrayal? Of course, heā€™ll be 77 then. Will he even want to run?

Seems the Republican voters in Utah arenā€™t very perceptive if they didnā€™t see this happening. He was pretty clearly anti-Trump from before the Senate election. How did they not get this?
Since he is in for the duration of Trumps second term, should he have one, its a little late to be outraged. The only thing to do now is grin and bear it. Thereā€™s always the possibility of his having control of the balance between Democrats and Republicans for control of the Senate. My guess is the Dems would make some nice offers to him to turn coat.
And he would take it in a second and then congratulate himself on his own piety for selling out.

Not really. The current GOP are a bunch of toxic people who want party purity right now.

Itā€™s not hard to figure out. The heads on pike moment was factual. It just gave you guys something to whine over till you were ready to actually do it.