Covid Vaccine is not a Vaccine?

Your own article explains why they say that now, and how it will change over time as we do more research.

Was vaccine efficacy only measured in symptomatic COVID-19?

The reported efficacy rates of 94 or 95 percent are for symptomatic disease only. Because the clinical trials for Pfizer and Moderna did not require regular testing for COVID-19, they were not a good indication of how well the vaccine protects against asymptomatic disease (which account for some 40 percent of cases).

A dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine is prepared before it’s administered minutes later at the vaccine clinic at the Parnassus Heights campus. Photo by Susan Merrell

Limited data suggest the vaccines can prevent some asymptomatic infections. In the Moderna study, participants were tested just prior to receiving each dose. “There was a reduction in asymptomatic infection in the vaccine versus the placebo group, which gives us hope. Otherwise, researchers only found out that a participant got an infection if the person developed symptoms and then tested positive,” said Boslett. “We know the vaccine really reduces incidents of symptomatic disease, but we don’t know how it impacts the incidents of asymptomatic disease.”

Researchers should know the answer in a couple of months. “I think that logically speaking it should prevent or at least reduce asymptomatic disease,” said Boslett. “Most other vaccines do prevent both symptomatic and asymptomatic carriage and transmission, but until we prove it, we don’t want to assume anything.”

VERDICT: Yes.

Usually that works out for you 90% of the time.

He definitely has an ideological axe to grind… and that usually leads to bad outcomes.

It is a vaccine.

You are incorrect on both counts.

Not always. He is a doctor. I know a lot of nurses aren’t taking it. Why?

Is that supposed to prove your case?

We know the vaccine really reduces incidents of symptomatic disease, but we don’t know how it impacts the incidents of asymptomatic disease.”

His ads are all over the radio in Texas.

His weird claims don’t apply to just women, as is evident in the statement that “When men lose their testicles to disease or injury, they have difficulty reading a map, performing math problems and making decisions.”

1 Like

Keep reading. They explain why the don’t know that yet, and how in teh future they will.

So at best you have, not yet proven to be one.

Being a doctor doesn’t mean that he isn’t a crank.

Nurses aren’t taking it because sadly there are nurses who are antivaxxers for whatever reason.

I’m not telling anyone not to take it, especially the very old. I’m questioning. I took it. I’m saying I don’t buy all the hype about it or many things, because I have lived long enough to know the mainstream thought is many times proved wrong later, after it’s too late for many people.

Just not into koolaid.

Question everything

It doesn’t mean he is a crank either, question everything.

Anybody who says losing your balls prevents you from reading a map is a kook.

5 Likes

No. It’s following the same path as other vaccines.

There is nothing unusual about this - it tickles our immune response to prepare our body to deal with a real infection. Just like all vaccines.

Because of the methodology used in testing these vaccines, they can not conclusively state what they level of immunity is. All they can say is what the level of protection against serious infection is.

You realize this is also true for other vaccines, don’t you?

In general, most vaccines do not completely prevent infection but do prevent the infection from spreading within the body and from causing disease.

Wait…what?

Nothing unusual, just the first time we have ever done it this way, lol.

Nah… he is kind of a crank.

Here is the FTC/FDA warning letter telling him to knock it off marketing vitamin kits to prevent Covid.

Dude is a crank.

How is he a crank, if I recall both vitamin D and C are thought to be effective. are these cranks?

I feel a quite a bit better about it now that I know it’s not a permanent change, that the Mrna gets destroyed by the body.

2 Likes

He said losing your testicles causes you to not read maps.

I have to admit some of his ideas are out there.

I don’t discount his ideas about vitamins & zinc helping fight corona, the doctors in the area here say it does help. My doctor told me it was a good idea.

Zinc is basically ZICAM.