Could someone explain this message?

When one is losing an argument very badly, just mention Obama…

2 Likes

If you read a tad more, he was telling Minneapolis to get their doo-doo together or he’ll send in the National Guard.

“CHINA!”

1 Like

Thats right Trump is always 10 steps ahead. Whatever helps Trump supporters feel better about themselves.

And lets assume for a moment he is doing it to wind up the twitterverse, why the ■■■■ is the President acting like a child?

2 Likes

You do not have what preceded it so there’s no way to discern the context? Going forward, there was and I responded accordingly.

Yep, send in the military to shoot civilians…because that would be like totally legal.

We know why. The bigger question is why are his handlers letting him? Still.

2 Likes

No they won’t. They’ll only shoot criminals committing life threatening acts. I promise you, if you do not participate in these acts, you won’t be shot.

Except there’s this whole thing called posse comitatus. Maybe you’ve heard of it?

The Posse Comitatus Act outlaws the willful use of any part of the Army or Air Force to execute the law unless expressly authorized by the Constitution or an act of Congress.

So like I said. Totally legal. You bet.

By the way Trump said “the Military”, not the National Guard. I doubt the doofus knows the difference anyway.

2 Likes

I already said it had no context.

It was a random bleat.

Bleat is the sound a sheep makes so perhaps Smyrna was translating?

bleat

/blēt/

verb

1. (of a sheep, goat, or calf) make a characteristic wavering cry.

“the lamb was bleating weakly”

1 Like

Didn’t President Obama make the rounds of late night talk shows while he was President? And wasn’t he the vanguard in using social media for political purposes on a national scale?

So to sum up: President Trump is following in former President Obama’s footsteps in using social media to govern. And you’re upset because you don’t like President Trumps message?

Thank you for making me read about it. This is what I found. Does it not clearly give the President the power to decide this?

The PCA directly applies only to the army and air force, without mentioning the navy, the Marine Corps, the Coast Guard, or the National Guard. The National Guard is subject to Article I, section 8 of the Constitution, “To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions.” The National Guard is under state control until called into federal service, and is authorized to enforce the laws upon the request of a governor.

Although the president has constitutional power to use the military to protect the nation in time of emergency and to repel invasions, in the Civil Disturbance Statutes Congress expressly authorized the president to use the armed forces under emergency circumstances. Where there is an insurrection in a state against its government, the president may, in addition to calling out the militia, “use such of the armed forces as he considers necessary to suppress the insurrection.”

I’m sorry. Are you claiming they were attempting to overthrow the government? :laughing:

I thought you could read but evidently I have to darken it out first so…I redid the part that most closely relates to the subject we’re discussing. Is that better?

You might want to try actually reading them. They don’t say what you clearly think they do. :laughing:

So there is zero chance of an innocent person being hurt? Zero chance?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1266354084036194306?s=20

3 Likes

Concentrate on the part about the Governor requesting it? Then get back to me. :sunglasses:

Sorry that still says nothing about the President having the ability to order the military to “shoot civilians” like you were alluding to previously. There is literally nothing there outside of quelling an insurrection, which this isn’t. Of course it helps if one knows what insurrection actually means. :laughing: