Cosby conviction overturned

Wait a minute: isn’t the basis of our criminal justice system fairness?

As I understand it, Cosby agreed to testify in a civil suit, with the understanding that the testimony wouldn’t be used against him in the criminal case. And then, the prosecution went back on it’s word.

Is that okay to you?

Hey if cops can lie with impunity, then why not prosecutors? The system has been broken for some time. Intentionally.

1 Like

Hmmm…

Hmmm all you want. What used to be entrapment is now SOP. All thanks to the Supreme Court. Remember they also ruled it isn’t the role of the police to protect the citizens.

Yeah the second prong of the entrapment test has been into an absolute joke

Hmmmmm…

I kid, I kid.

What I should have said is “that’s a good point”

Hey let’s talk a trip over to the Florida social media law thread and marvel.

Hey, Cosby got off with the Ollie North defense. Go Ollie!

It’s not about guilt, he was given immunity. You can’t go back on that.

Bill Clinton has friends where? Oops wrong predator. Sorry.

Day late, dollar short. The prosecutor screwed up happens on occassion

I agree and would also question whether or not the actions by the prosecutor not honoring that promise, weren’t criminal?

Whether or not Cosby is a sexual predator, isn’t the question regarding this decision.

1 Like

As you understand it?

Tell me, did you read the DISSENTING OPINIONS?

Judge Dougherty Dissent

Judge Saylor - Dissent

JWK

The Equality Act attempts to exercise legislative power proposed under the “Equal Rights Amendment” which was wisely rejected by the American people, and thus, to this degree, the Act is an attempted usurpation of legislative power not granted.

You should probably read the dissents.

One says that he doesn’t believe it could not have been reduced to writing.

The other one argues that a government employee whose actions affects a persons rights can’t bind the government to affect a persons rights. That’s some scary stuff.

The crime that was committed should not over ride due process. For a constitutionalist to argue that this is all unfair is astonishing to say the least

And I mentioned something about being “unfair”?

:roll_eyes:

JWK

Thanks for posting the dissenting opinions. I hadn’t heard that and they do present a very good argument? I wonder if it will go to the SCOTUS?

You did not. my fault.

From where? From where will it go to the scotus?

What’s the very good argument? I am all ears.

Read the dissenting opinions and let professional judges guide you along their legal arguments.

I did. I even outlined them in the post right below the one you quoted….