Cosby conviction overturned

No clue about PA laws but it should fall under discretion

So much for White privilege.

1 Like

Wealth and white privilege are very similar.

The combo, can be amazing…

Wealth and black privilege are very similar.

2 Likes

No, they are not.

Being rich is a massive privilege when it comes to the justice system.

It’s a bigger deal than race. If you’re poor, you don’t have much of a chance. If your rich, unless it’s open and shut evidence you’ll most likely get off.

Because the poor cannot afford proper representation that the rich can.

5 Likes

The state betrays a black man and that is supposed to mean that there is no white privilige?

1 Like

Sick burn!

So it’s just whites that are similar to wealthy people.

Do you even understand just how racist that is?

1 Like

I remember this issue from the time of his conviction. The wheels of justice take a long time to turn.

Reminds me of something Chris Rock said one time. He said if OJ had been OJ the bread truck driver he would have been OJ the murdering bread truck driver.

That he got off by being rich and famous.

2 Likes

well, you know, “poor kids are just as capable as white kids”

2 Likes

White privilege is real.

Wealth privilege is real.

Black privilege, is not real.

Black people who have a lot of wealth, (black wealth privilege) can maneuver thru the justice system better then a poor person of any color.

Um…he was told if he testified at the civil cases he wouldn’t be prosecuted…

…then when he did, they turned around and arrested him…

…and it took five years for that to be rectified.

What privilege do you think Bill Cosby took advantage of?

It wasn’t the same prosecutor. The DA at the time and who made the promise was Bruce Castor (the one who rep’d Trump in the second impeachment). His successor, who was the Deputy DA at the time, decided to pursue the charges after he left office, and her successor actually prosecuted the case.

Due process

1 Like

I’m surprised the prosecutor won’t be prosecuted for misconduct then? The court’s reasoning sounded like a no-brainer and that for it to happen in the first place, had to be intentional?

SEE: Bill Cosby freed after US court quashes sex crimes conviction

“US comedian Bill Cosby was freed from prison Wednesday, in a blow to the #MeToo movement, after a US court overturned his conviction for drugging and sexually assaulting a woman 15 years ago.”

It’s saddening how those entrusted to uphold the “rule of law”, have not only used their positions of power to “legislate from the bench” and make our laws mean what they want them to mean as happened in Bostock v. Clayton County, 590 U.S., where the majority on the court used the Humpty Dumpty theory of language to make the word “sex”, as found in the 1964 Civil Rights Act, mean what they wanted it to mean, but now these scoundrels are shown to use their position of public trust to overturn a conviction of a sexual predator who took liberty of sixty women.
Let us remember the definition of tyranny, as defined by one of our founding fathers.

”The accumulation of all powers, legislative, executive, and judiciary, in the same hands [e.g.,our judicial system] . . . may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny.” ___ Madison, Federalist Paper No. 47

JWK

As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances there is a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such twilight that we all must be aware of change in the air - however slight - lest we become unwitting victims of darkness.___Supreme Court Justice William Douglas

If the court is correct that the conviction was based on testimony Cosby was forced to give because he lost his fifth amendment rights as a result of being promised that he would not be prosecuted, then the court had no real options to overturning the conviction.

1 Like

I promise if you help these women get money whom you have clearly assaulted i won’t prosecute you. Oops i lied