Cosby conviction overturned

No surprise to me.

On what grounds?
All I found was something about tainted testimony.

Putting five other women on the stand to show it was a pattern. I said it was problematic at the time here.

That’s not why.

It should be a surprise because the decision was based on a prosecutorial promise

It’s a good decision

Because they told him no prosecution so women can recover civilly. He goes snd testifies in a civil suit and they arrest him. That’s all kinds of messed up

Good decision

1 Like

What I read.

from Bill Cosby’s sex assault conviction overturned by Pennsylvania court

The trial judge had allowed just one other accuser to testify at Cosby’s first trial, when the jury deadlocked. However, he then allowed five other accusers to testify at the retrial about their experiences with Cosby in the 1980s.

The Pennsylvania Supreme Court said that testimony tainted the trial, even though a lower appeals court had found it appropriate to show a signature pattern of drugging and molesting women.

The AP story adds on top of that saying that Cosby relied on promise not to prosecute snd then testified in civil court. Then got arrested

Sorry @zantax. I am going to find the actual decision cuz there is a lot more here than i thought too.

Yes, just go to the decision, primary source is always best.

Decision is linked in here:

Wait what??

How was that legal and why did this take so long? Im more mad about this than the rape. Rape has been going on since the beginning of sexual reproduction, it is not going to stop. But I didnt realize Americas word was so worthless

Judging by how bad they â– â– â– â– â– â–  up during the arrest, seems like the right decision. Even if Cosby is a scum bag.

Goes back to what I always say. There’s a right way to do things and a wrong way to do things. The prosecution and the authorities arrested him in the wrong way and his conviction is now overturned because of it.

2 Likes

So now what , he’s released from custody ?

It was a completely screwed up way to do things.

You don’t grant virtual amnesty for testifying in civil cases and then arrest the guy as soon as he shows up and then try him.

The whole system â– â– â– â– â– â–  up. And because of that, a guy who most likely raped over a dozen women is getting off because of incompetence and stupidity.

3 Likes

I need to look into this. I have a hard time believing that America behaved like such a :banana: republic.

What now?

Out to the store for some white wine and Rohypnol.
Cosby

5 Likes

5 Likes

This took place right here and I have to admit I never knew this,

Wow! This should have gotten thrown out almost immediately.

Will the prosecutor be disbarred for violating the promise not prosecute?

My observation is that prosecutors almost never face any consequences even for the most extreme violations of ethics or the law.

1 Like