Coronavirus Thread Political

It’s not a deflection it’s a fact.

I’m not making the claim, you are.

According to the CDC every state PH lab and the CDC branch labs in each state have testing available.

75,000 individual test kits have been distributed to those labs.

They are still speaking.

And the rest of the post?

From the White House to the front line medical professionals, every single person in the chain of responsibilities admits they have been woefully under-manufacturing the testing kits.

Only you believe everything has been done as well as it could be.

Have fun in this imaginary world. Those of us in the real world knows the truth. That same truth you claimed to so strongly desire.

1 Like

No that isn’t what they’ve said. They’ve explained in detail why it’s taken this long to get up to the current levels of production.

They are still discussing it right now as I type.

Did you bother turning on your TV and watching?

What was going on the 8 years before that?

1 Like

Even MIT is saying how CDC botched the testing with contaminated labs.

Trump fault for not personally going to those labs and wiped em with a cloth…

The CDC’s kits are based on PCR testing, which makes millions or billions of copies of a DNA sample so that clinicians can easily identify and study it. PCR is a well established technology that’s been around for 35 years. We’ve improved the process with upgrades such as higher-quality enzymes and reagents, allowing for more precise testing and making it possible to detect targets in real time even while the assay is still running.

So how exactly does the CDC, of all places, goof up something so tried and true?

The first thing to know is that PCR is a very sensitive test. You need extremely clean reagents, and the smallest contaminants can ruin it completely (as happened in this instance). A negative control that detects the wrong viral genome and raises a false positive is practically a worst-case scenario, because it calls into question all the other results in the run—you don’t know if samples are truly positive or if they are positive because of the contamination. “You basically can’t even judge if anything worked,” says Nigel McMillan, the director of infectious diseases and immunology at Griffith University in Australia.

Damn Trump…it’s his fault.

1 Like

i will ask you again, are you familiar with the swiss cheese theory?

Should he of frozen hiring at the CDC for 16 months out of the last 2 and a half years?

Why did congress waited so long to get the funds to combat Coronaviruse?

President Trump signed an $8.3 billion spending bill Friday aimed at fighting the coronavirus outbreak, the culmination of a bipartisan effort by Congress and the White House to provide funds to federal agencies, as well as state and local governments, to battle the disease.

They should have had it month ago. Oh wait I know…

An article published today in The New England Journal of Medicine explains Trump’s statement indeed was almost certainly accurate as to the mortality rate of Covid19 probably being closer to 1% or less.

https://www.nejm.org/coronavirus

BTW it’s dated February 28

3 Likes

Also literally not what the Breitbart article says, let alone the NEJM article.

Ok I’m a week off.

Odd none of you brought this up while ranting about Trump this week.

It’s an editorial, and it has been discussed.

That’s exactly what the study says.

[T]he overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968) rather than a disease similar to SARS or MERS, which have had case fatality rates of 9 to 10% and 36%, respectively.

Wrong

I certainly haven’t seen it and I’ve been following the CV threads pretty closely, hence I started this one.

And this is what you said:

Gee it’s almost like Trump looks at Breitbart.

1 Like

This went well.

1 Like