Coronavirus Thread Political

Cold and flu seasons come to an end in the spring as people get out of cramped closed places to spend more time outside enjoying the weather.

This is a very similar virus that spreads the same way so that is perfectly accurate.

It doesn’t mean we’re just supposed to ignore it because it has a much higher fatality rate and it’s why all of the appropriate federal agencies are working to curb it’s spread until then.

1 Like

Few people were panicking. Most of us were reading news about other countries’ response, and wondering why the leader of OUR country didn’t seem to be telling us the truth.

Well, not wondering exactly.

Are you familiar with “momentum”?

Panic is like a line of dominoes falling.

You don’t wait until the panic is gaining momentum to try ad prevent it.

1 Like

I won’t bother linking to expressed predictions, from people with actual medical degrees, telling us we’re probably looking at months.

Most of the time flu activity peaks between December and February, although activity can last as late as May.

What is it I said exactly that differs with the above?

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/season/flu-season.htm

Look at the stock market response. Those who would assert that anyone but an idiot was actually reassured by his off the cuff rambling is an… avid Trump supporter.

The Texas Trib is a partisan rag that provides zero support for their claim.

The stock market reacts to global conditions because people around the world watch it and buy/sell/trade stocks.

Many of the companies represented there are directly impacted by events in China so nothing any president can say could remove either the uncertainty over the outbreak or the volatility that results.

There’s also a lot more to this equation than simply the stock market.

1 Like

You’re probably right. Everyone who predicted “months” was definitely talking about the minimum number - two - that qualifies as “months”.

Well it was actually 3 months when the statements were made.

Tell us, what exactly is it about this virus and how it’s transmitted that indicates it’s pattern is going to be different from our other common respiratory viruses?

Be specific.

1 Like

Then why spout obvious ■■■■■■■■ that fooled no one but his sycophants?

I’m sure it had nothing to do with the election. Because that was all Democrats. :roll_eyes:

You’re just making it clear your entire rant is entirely politically motivated.

1 Like

I don’t know. I’m not a doctor. So I should probably rely on the opinions of people who are doctors.

Well since Trump is on Fox currently speaking from the CDC labs in Atlanta I guess the whole claim he was afraid to attend is pretty well shot.

1 Like

You mean like the doctors at the CDC who published the information I just provided you?

1 Like

When Obama tried to feed us the same ■■■■■■■■ about Ebola, I didn’t swallow that either.

Oh wait, he didn’t.

Wow. Talk about incompetence

1 Like

Thank you ever so much for both proving my point and then punctuating it perfectly.

Much appreciated.

Convenient deflection. So how many are being tested each day in Texas? How about in all of the other states references in the Atlantic article?

There are nowhere near enough tests available. Period. No debate can be had. Because this is basic fact. So that is in turn forcing rationing in testing. Period.

You’re welcome. Enjoy the delusion.