Coronavirus Thread Political

Who refers to Covid-19 as “Chinese Virus” other than Trump and other right wingers?

Parse away

There are more case outside of China then inside it.

Virus don’t have nationality.

I’m thankful everyday that Trudeau doesn’t use twitter.

I thought he used twitter as it should be used by leaders of countries for dissemination of important information; condolences and support?

He doesn’t use it, some aid in his office does.

There is one USA state that doesn’t have any occurrences of the coronavirus. Has there been any explanation why this is the case as it does appear to be a little strange.

Thanks @CanadianJudo for the clarification.

No international airport

Thanks. Do all the other states have an international airport? I presume it does have a domestic airport? Is there little interstate travel between it and other states?

It’s has some; Chuck Yeager, tristate, and other and airlines fly into em fairly frequently (relatively speaking) but mostly from large hub like atl, clt, DC Chicago.

Thanks. Presumably it will only be a matter of time before they register a positive.

Only if they test of course

Well I was assuming that testing was occurring. I agree that there will be no positives if there are no tests done.

I’m not rewriting anything. At that time the supply chain interruptions had nothing to do with cacellations of passenger flights and air freight was never shut down so just as I said, it would at most add 3-4 weeks shipping tme.

The interruption to the supply chain was due to factories all over the region being shut down.

Even if every single passenger flight to and from China were cancelled we’d still have a free flow of cargo flights and the sea routes.

Your boss doesn’t give a ■■■■ if you live or die. You know that. As our “democratic” institutions fail to address this pandemic don’t believe you need to meet the demands of your boss. Protect yourselves and help everyone you can.

Here you go - read this piece:

You keep posting as if the CDC is a static separate thing…it’s not. It - like all executive functions - is an arm of the current administration. It will be only as effective as it’s leadership.

It’s like the military - was it the military’s fault the invaded Iraq? Or was it the leadership that took it there?

1 Like

Since the current administration can’t even get it together to report case tests and numbers to us, volunteers are doing it:

The imaging matters. He did not shake to show people what not to do.