Coronavirus Thread Political II

So he’s saying what you want him to, just softer?

I don’t know what’s going to happen.

Which thread, I know CPR.

Yes, don’t sugarcoat it.

One of the many orange man bad threads that was rolled into this one.

Good Lord Jimmy. Did Churchill tell the Brits 4,000 soldiers were going to die before they got off the beach? Did Roosevelt?

You’re just whining now.

1 Like

So your complaint is of him trying to massage the economy?

Not that hammer and dance thread? That was a great thread.

@GWH if that was the one, please consider cutting it back out.

You you really believe that America has the infrastructure to manufacture all of the things we use on a daily basis here?

Heck there were millions of jobs sitting unfilled just what 6 or 7 weeks ago? How do you propose to manufacture everything we as Americans consume based mostly on what can be produced here? And further more there are a lot of costs associated with this.

Throw out some ideas and lets discuss it. I’m interested in hearing your ideas, there are a number of people whom I won’t see their response at all as they’ve proven themselves not to be capable of discussion but I will entertain your thoughts.

Thru most of 90’s when Washington State started doing serious trading. In 2001 China MFN status was made permanent.

1 Like

Coumo is saying that the virus is spreading in N.Y. “like a bullet train.” How is it spreading? The city is on lock down. This is the closest thing to martial law since the civil war. What is driving the spread?

Post civil war. Railroads.

I’m talking about MFN mostly. That’s when it all accelerated IMO.

So Trump just said on his Fox town hall that the mortailty rate for the 1918 Influenza was 50%. Most estimates put it around 2.5%. This is why I don’t trust Trump to make a data-driven decision.

1 Like

Ah China. I was referring to corporate vs. national interest in general.

Did he get the corona rate right?

Cuomo is losing it.

Liked, the toll is heavy waging war on anyone or anything!!!

You don’t have to trust him. It’s not a requirement. :wink:

1 Like

Sure, my mother says nobody lives forever and is far more concerned about her children’s and grandchildren’s future than about eking out a few more years and the same goes for me. I am also high risk. In addition, both my mother and I are capable of avoiding contact with others without the whole economy being shut down. In my mother and step father’s cases, the regular flu would probably finish them off just as easily, he has had four heart attacks and she is on oxygen and has numerous other problems. Not one of us is on board with ruining our children’s lives to save our own. What sort of selfish parent or grandparent would feel differently.

2 Likes

If people were not building immunity those being treated with plasma from recovered patients bwould not be mazki g neasr miraculous recoveries in a matter of just a few days.

So much for that supposed self professed insider knowledge and experience.

1 Like