Coronavirus Thread Political II

Yep. Deja vu

2 Likes

I want you to be right.

You want the homeless population decimated?
:us:

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1241783570303238145?s=21

It’s now hit the Senate.

I took you at your word, that you knew something I wasn’t considering, regarding moist evening air, having such a positive impact that makes what I suggested as a reasonable possibility, no longer probable.

Why you say Westaussie: “I can think of a couple of Aussie expressions that pointedly speaks to D Trump’s incompetence.”

I saw for your country as of February 15,2020, more than 46 million acres (72,000 square miles) of land were burned in thousands of fires since June 2019. And at least 80% of the Blue Mountain World Heritage area and 53% of the Gondwana world heritage rain forest’s in Queensland were burned. I also saw a report that fires killed at least 29 people and some 2,500 homes were destroyed. Add to that a billion animals perished.

What little good we do hear about the blazes comes with the apparent high spirit and resolve of many Aussies. It brings tears to one eyes watching video of rescue successes to save precious wildlife. And even while thousands of people’s lives are being disrupted, there are still flocks of ordinary citizens volunteering to create a firefighting force, often forgoing weeks of work at their regular jobs to fight the blazes.

While I am sure there are many who believe your government’s response hasn’t always been inspiring, they still make due the best they can. Now that the World is enduring together through this pandemic, we on this forum all have the opportunity to rise above the fray.
[/quote]

1 Like

How does that make it not probable? What do you think continual exposure to those conditions does to their respiratory systems?

Alright then, what you said was not impactful and my fear of what may happen, stands.

Actually what this crisis ACTUALLY shows is that we don’t have enough supplies worldwide to handle a pandemic.

It’s not that China was hoarding masks and supplies from us out of malice.

They needed them to fight the pandemic in their own country.

The world isn’t equipped to handle a pandemic where all countries are hit at or about the same time.

This same thing would have happened had the supplies been here or there. There would have been shortages.

You don’t have to test everyone. Just everyone with symptoms. Then those people who test positive are quarantined.

Pretty straightforward.

…cept all of those you infected prior to showing symptoms.

It’s being reported that Rand Paul tested positive.

then you go back to those people, to the extent possible, and isolate them and test them if they become symptomatic.

The is all manageable and possible when the numbers are low. But back then we were guffawing about how silly this all was and promising people 15 was going to zero and ignoring intelligence briefings.

And he’s asyptomitc which makes it really scary. How many people did he infect?

My point was, it isn’t as “pretty straight forward” as you said.

BAM…now you’re seeing it as I am.

4 Likes

There wouldn’t have been shortages in the US.

The Wendy’s chili model?

Is Korea testing everyone with symptoms in cities of millions?

Are those with symptoms in LA and NYC being quarantined with out without a test?

swooooooooosh…that went over my head. :sunglasses: