Coronavirus Thread Political II

MSM vomit.

1 Like

Um, Trumps own voice, recorded.

We know what Trump said and in what context.

The hyperbole is from your opinion of it.

Told Woodward one thing, and told us another. Where’s the hyperbole?

From you. Woody is a weasel.

Luckily, he recorded everything Trump said.

1 Like

the trump administration has the blood of thousands on their hands.

1 Like

meanwhile 6 months ago today.
the incompetence of team trump concerning covid is shocking. they are responsble for tens of thousands of deaths

Heckuva job, Mike.

We all knew Covid was deadly including Trump and he never claimed otherwise.

And to head off your next reply, “The Flu” kills people too and H1N1 can be particularly bad if they miss their guess on the annual flu vaccine and it pops up again.

2 Likes

We didn’t go with the, “herd immunity strategy” did we?

If we had, we’d have been far better off.

Protect the most vulnerable while letting everyone else go on with their lives and this epidemic would have been over in June.

1 Like

What exactly is it he’s supposed to do, lock everyone in their own homes?

You sure about that?

2 Likes

WR, question for you on the vaccines. I understand it is a two step process. If people take vaccine #1 but fail to take the second vaccine, does the risk of the virus evolving to become resistant to the vaccine increase?

Moderna’s is a single dose. Pfizer recommends 2 doses for maximum effectiveness but according to their info 1 week after the first dose it’s showing over 50% efficacy.

No evidence at this point that there are any significant mutations so it would be doubtful.

Way too soon to say anything definitive.

■■■■■■■■■ an attempt at her immunity would have killed enen thousands more than trump has

Not even possible and the epidemic would have quickly been over.

We know who is most vulnerable to serious illness or death from it and they are a tiny fraction of the population.

Protecting them while the rest went on with our lives would have been simple and much more effective with little or no damage to the economy and a small fraction of the cost to us all including all of the deficit spending.

COPD in those 65 or older is at 14.2%. But that’s just one of the co-morbidities that decreases survivability. Some otherwise healthy people have a tough go with covid.

My wife had it, it whooped her ass (she’s doing much better now). I’m guessing I had it as well, although I tested negative, had a headache, body aches and a slight fever for a day. I lost some of my sense of taste for a couple of days as well. But I really don’t know that I would have thought it was Covid without her testing positive and feeling so bad. She told me one evening that she couldn’t smell anything. I told her to go get tested the next morning. The whole family went on quarantine, and are just about done with it.

I said all that to say this, I think you either have what it takes to fight it or you don’t. As you get older, you develop more co-morbidities that of course impact your ability to fight it. I’m not sure what a targeted approach would even look like in Florida with everyone out and about, a potential vector of transmission. And if you have what it takes already, the vaccine may be wasted on you anyway. It’d be nice to test the individuals that were asymptomatic and compare them with otherwise healthy people that had a tough go with this virus, see what their T-cells look like, or whatever gives them an advantage in fighting this virus.

1 Like

Incorrect.
According to the FDA, the Moderna vaccine was 94.1% effective at preventing symptomatic cases. The Pfizer vaccine has claimed 95% effectiveness.

Both vaccines require two doses, however. For those receiving the Pfizer vaccine, the second dose is administered 21 days after the first. Moderna’s second dose is administered 28 days after the first.

I thought moderna was 2 doses as well, doesn’t require 70 below cryopackaging, but still two doses. AstraZeneca, I believe, is the one dose vaccine.

3 Likes